Help! My pc won't power on!

sebastian89

Hi,

So yesterday I just got my new graphics card and was ready to plug it in. I removed my old gpu and plugged in my new one. My pc would then not power on at all and so I switched back to my old gpu and tried to power it on again but nothing happened. 

I have so far tried to jump the power switch, switch powercord and poweroutlet, and I have also tested my power supply with a paperclip and it works until I plug in the 24pin connector to the motherboard. I think I might have damaged a small metal rectangle when I switched gpus. (See the images). I also tried to plug off everything not necessary and putting the motherboard outside the case. I got the motherboards lights to turn on, but nothing more happens.

What can I do to fix my problem?

Thanks.

brokenpc1.jpg

brokenpc2

First of all nice image. reset cmos. Remove cmos battery for 5-10 min with PSU off. Put back in and fire up. not sure what the picture is.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 minutes ago, sebastian89 said:

Hi,

So yesterday I just got my new graphics card and was ready to plug it in. I removed my old gpu and plugged in my new one. My pc would then not power on at all and so I switched back to my old gpu and tried to power it on again but nothing happened. 

I have so far tried to jump the power switch, switch powercord and poweroutlet, and I have also tested my power supply with a paperclip and it works until I plug in the 24pin connector to the motherboard. I think I might have damaged a small metal rectangle when I switched gpus. (See the images). I also tried to plug off everything not necessary and putting the motherboard outside the case. I got the motherboards lights to turn on, but nothing more happens.

What can I do to fix my problem?

Thanks.

brokenpc1.jpg

brokenpc2 1.71 MB · 2 downloads

That would be a reason why the it wouldn't work. brokenpc2.thumb.png.c45d149ae7f427edf30393638bf00357.png

I think you need to replace it, or solder it on if you know how to do it.

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

First of all nice image. reset cmos. Remove cmos battery for 5-10 min with PSU off. Put back in and fire up. not sure what the picture is.

That 2nd image didn't have the .png, I posted it in my reply

Is this the place the thing was mounted to?

image.png.6649f03f171a7d16d1101cfb1d109ffe.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Yes it was there I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be mounted on there,

I looked at some pictures of it new and it seamed to have one of those right there. 

How could I replace it or solder it on?