Can't power off PC

GeorgieMax

I have my pc for 7 months and 2 months ago my pc started freezing entirely and unable to shutdown after being idle for some time, i cant shutdown even with the power button of my PC case, i have to force-shutdown by holding the power button on my PC case

Also, when i try to shutdown the pc after it been idle for some time the pc starts to freeze, the freezing appears partly(programs and parts of the system) and then entirely and then it shutdowns

It started happening without any reason, the Windows files are not corrupted, i tried to reinstall Windows and it still happens, the same Windows was installed to my Brother's PC and everything is ok, so its a hardware problem, but which hardware?

All windows updates are installed and gpu drivers are the latest

Also, my system isnt as responsive as it should be and i have changed from HDD to SSD but no difference, i have issues with games but not so serious, im more concerned about the shutdown issue and the freezing that wont let me use the pc normally

My specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

GTX 1650S

SSD WD BLUE 500GB

RAM 16GB 2X8 HYPERX FURY 3200MHZ

PS GIGABYTE P650B

My ssd is 100% good in CrystalDiskInfo and meets the promised speeds of 540 read / ~540 write in CrystalDiskMark

It doesnt have any problems with loading stuff

And also, my pc takes much more time to post than before that and context menu in windows explorer takes a second to appear but in my brother's pc its instant even though he has way worse specs

try holding down the power button on your pc, it worked for me

you might have to boot into safe mode

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

Just now, the communist potato said:

try holding down the power button on your pc, it worked for me

you might have to boot into safe mode

I do, its the only way to power it off when it happens

10 minutes ago, GeorgieMax said:

same here, whenever I launch a game other then among us or superheat at 1440p, it just freezes and I have hold it down

what you could try is maybe take out your cpu and put it back in, do that with your gpu, or take out and put back in your boot drive, if that doesnt work, you might have to boot into safe mode as a last resort

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

12 minutes ago, GeorgieMax said:

Have you tried to turn off the power button on the PSU and then hold down the power button on the case, then turn the power on the PSU back on and power the PC on. This clears all of the power out of the computer. This worked for me.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Just now, Heliian said:

Set your ssd to never sleep

I did, but it all started randomly after months of normal use

8 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Have you tried to turn off the power button on the PSU and then hold down the power button on the case, then turn the power on the PSU back on and power the PC on. This clears all of the power out of the computer. This worked for me.

I dont, but will it help me?

I did get off the power cable from the psu many times while doing stuff inside the pc, inspecting, changing hard drives, sata cables and stuff

What problem did u have?

10 minutes ago, the communist potato said:

same here, whenever I launch a game other then among us or superheat at 1440p, it just freezes and I have hold it down

what you could try is maybe take out your cpu and put it back in, do that with your gpu, or take out and put back in your boot drive, if that doesnt work, you might have to boot into safe mode as a last resort

But it all worked fine for many months, but i think i heard a weird buzz sound when i put the power cable into the power supply 2 months ago when i got it from Computer Service that told me everything is okay but didnt check anything, but the symptoms appeared a week or two weeks later after that, i just didnt see anything else that was weird

26 minutes ago, GeorgieMax said:

I dont, but will it help me?

I did get off the power cable from the psu many times while doing stuff inside the pc, inspecting, changing hard drives, sata cables and stuff

What problem did u have?

the switch on the back of the PSU- turn it off, then push the power button on the PC, and then turn the PSU back on and power on the PC.

I was getting blue screens, black screens, and freezing.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

21 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

the switch on the back of the PSU- turn it off, then push the power button on the PC, and then turn the PSU back on and power on the PC.

I was getting blue screens, black screens, and freezing.

Ill try it then, thanks!

57 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Could be a possible PSI or Motherboard issue.

PSU?

I have a feeling its the motherboard too

Or could it be something that is causing it to post longer and not to shutdown?

6 minutes ago, GeorgieMax said:

PSU?

I have my doubts about the motherboard too

Or could it be something that is causing it to post longer and not to shutdown?

Possibly either GPU or CPU? One of which or even both running at lower clockspeeds then they should be at.

21 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Possibly either GPU or CPU? One of which or even both running at lower clockspeeds then they should be at.

Maybe cpu or motherboard i think