Periodic Flickering Screen

Hi,

Since I installed my RTX 3070 into my new build, my one monitor flickers periodically. I noticed as soon as it starts to flicker that monitor sets to 59.995Hz (its a 60Hz 4k monitor). Some times it flickers quicker than others and I notice it starts to flicker more if I am AFK. I suspect its some sort of driver. I used DDU on my old GPU (same type, I'll explain later) and the error persisted. I then called Canada Computers incase it was the GPU they recommended to send it in for a replacement. After installing the new GPU, Asus Strix 3070, the issue was still here. This used to happen with both monitors, however, it only happens to my 4k monitor now. My main monitor is 2k 165Hz. I question if it is a weak windows installation, I just haven't reinstalled windows as I wasn't sure how to easily. I also have software such as ICUE, Logitech g900 software, focusrite solo gen 3 software, and Armory crate.

Would anyone know how to fix this? 

7 minutes ago, Ash-C said:

if it is a weak windows installation,

no

7 minutes ago, Ash-C said:

This used to happen with both monitors

I would imagine then the issue is outside the machine and has to do with either the monitors or the hdmi cables leading to them. 

I've tried different cables and they didn't fix the issue. I also got a new monitor, the issue still happened(not as a fix just needed one). Now the only time they both get affected is if it is at the same time where both monitors turn black and say "DP searching for signal" (or something along those lines) when this happens, the computer loses audio and freezes as well. 

4 minutes ago, Ash-C said:

I've tried different cables and they didn't fix the issue. I also got a new monitor, the issue still happened(not as a fix just needed one). Now the only time they both get affected is if it is at the same time where both monitors turn black and say "DP searching for signal" (or something along those lines) when this happens, the computer loses audio and freezes as well. 

Hey, welcome to the forums

Do remember to quote or tag ( @emosun) the person you're replying to so they'll see it

By any chance, do you have adaptive sync enabled on the display and/or Nvidia control panel?

I've seen flickering issues like that happen caused by adaptive sync

It could also be unstable cable, as I've had similar flickering issues when using a 5 meter display port cable to drive 1080p240, which is similar in bandwidth to 4k60

Changing to a different cable solved my issue

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

yea make sure another device that actually outputs a 4k 60 signal work reliably with the monitor and cable

9 hours ago, Moonzy said:

@Moonzy thanks for the help. I was struggling with replying haha and I'll try to look for the adaptive sync. I have tried a few cables like the ones that came with the monitors and other. However, I'll try some more if the issue persists.

thanks