Which is better value RX 6800 xt or RTX 3080?

King of Memes

RX 6800 XT vs RTX 3080  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better value?

• RX 6800 XT
    • RTX 3080

This poll is closed to new votes

You read the title.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

Depends on if you care about raytracing and the amount of VRAM going into the future. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Depends on the price you can buy them at. Most likely none of them are available for their MSRP. But if they'd be priced the same, i'd go for the 3080 when aiming at 4K or Ray-Tracing gameplay. When you don't plan on using Ray-Tracing or want to play at 1080p or 1440p, the 6800XT will be the better choice. But then again, as soon as a title supports DLSS, the 3080 will regain the crown there aswell.

16GB VRAM is mostly marketing right now and the 10GB on the 3080 are enough, at least for today's games. Hard to say what the future brings. My guess still is that the GPU core performance will be limiting your performance before the less VRAM will.

Basically i'd go for the 3080 and i've already had one for the last 6 months without regrets 😉.

Now you can call me "shill".

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

its less "which is better value" and more "which one can you actually find" with the current market.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

* thread locked *

This is against the Community Standards ;

No trolling or flame-bait.

• This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and religious debates

If you need help choosing a GPU, please make a thread where you indicate your need, your use case, your budget, and location so that others can help. Just pitting 2 GPUs against each other isn't helpful and will lead to pointless bickering.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !