HD 4870 Custom Decals

8tg

I wasnt exactly sure what subforum this work with since its a little weird.

tldr of what im trying to do, i want to re-create a photoshop of the K-On! HD 4870 (Rade-On!). Its an old fake picture from ages ago.

But i want to make it real, so i have a bone stock HD 4870, an ATI oem one, to work with. 

I need to know of people or companies that can custom make a decal for the card, either provided with the card or provided with measurements . Lots of backplate options out there but i need basically a custom cut decal that fits onto the face of the HD4870

If anyone knows of any such service, post it below. 

Something that will custom print a sticker?!  These days you can do that yourself with the correct printer paper.  Makes the most sense for a one-off.  Most printing companies will run a particular type of press and deal with quantities in the thousands or higher.  There are thousands of those kind of companies though.  A sticker usually means a non absorptive face which means special ink which usually means offset lithography if that helps.  Gonna be real real pricey.  A printer image is a much more price reasonable proposition.  You might want a graphic design firm to layout the sticker.  Still a lot of money though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Something that will custom print a sticker?!  These days you can do that yourself with the correct printer paper.  Makes the most sense for a one-off.  Most printing companies will run a particular type of press and deal with quantities in the thousands or higher.  There are thousands of those kind of companies though.  A sticker usually means a non absorptive face which means special ink which usually means offset lithography if that helps.  Gonna be real real pricey.  A printer image is a much more price reasonable proposition.  You might want a graphic design firm to layout the sticker.  Still a lot of money though. 

I want something a little higher quality than the average household printer, and i dont have a printer regardless.

Im not just gonna glue on a faded image on printer paper to this card, i want a proper high quality decal.

If i gotta pay 100$ for a single sticker i dont really care, so long as its a good sticker.

1 minute ago, 8tg said:

I want something a little higher quality than the average household printer, and i dont have a printer regardless.

Im not just gonna glue on a faded image on printer paper to this card, i want a proper high quality decal.

If i gotta pay 100$ for a single sticker i dont really care, so long as its a good sticker.

If you want offset lithography you can multiply that number by 10 or more.  This actually kind of sounds like a job for kinko’s or some such.  There are a bunch of kinds of stickers.  The stuff that used to look the best was the waterslide stuff, but there’s a bunch of formats.  An old gaming card might have had a waterslide decal.  This is a thing that is technology based and the tech changes constantly.  I just did a quicko “custom decal” search on Google and the top bits were all cut vinyl.  It’s doubtful you want that.  Waterslide stuff looks to be a lot cheaper.  Old tech probably.  There a pita to deal with.  You have to float the decal off in a water bath and then put the thing you want the decal on in the water and lift it up. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.