Charged my phone till 81%, shutted down at night, booted it up in the morning and it shows 83%

AleksiDj73
Go to solution Solved by RTX 3090,

When their is no load on the battery, especially with cheaper ones, the voltage slowly rises, and your phone infers that as a high percentage of battery left. 

6 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Or is it normal?

Pretty normal for the voltage to rise, for the phone to detect that is another question. Some of my older phones do that, but my newer ones like my Redmi 9A and Y7 2019 dont do that

Hello everyone, Eng is not my mother tongue so i hope you understand what i say. Let me get straight to what i wanna say. 5 days ago i bought a new phone the Samsung Galaxy A71 and it's a great phone so far. Yesterday i charged my phone till 81%, after i removed the cable from the phone, i shutted down the phone and i booted up the phone today and i see that it says 83%, how is that possible? That has happened on my old phone as well (Samsung A5 2017) numerous times but there the numbers sometimes where much higher than my new phone so for example if i charged my phone till 80% then shut it down then again boot it up in the morning, i see like 93% instead of 80% and that's with my old phone, with my new phone is what i said above. So my questions here is, is that something to worry about on the new phone? Or is it normal? Did like a bit more juice get into the phone when it was charging and didn't calibrate it correctly and didn't show the right number? Thank you!

When their is no load on the battery, especially with cheaper ones, the voltage slowly rises, and your phone infers that as a high percentage of battery left. 

6 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Or is it normal?

Pretty normal for the voltage to rise, for the phone to detect that is another question. Some of my older phones do that, but my newer ones like my Redmi 9A and Y7 2019 dont do that

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

1 minute ago, RTX 3090 said:

Maybe i shut down the phone too quickly after charging at 81%? I should've let it like 5 mins or so and then shut it down but i get what you mean.

Not sure if this has to go with Android 11 cuz 2 days ago i updated my phone to Android 11 so maybe that has something to do with it? Probs not but idk.

I posted this thread cuz i don't remember my old phone do this kind of reaction in the first like 1.5-2 years and my new phone doing it in just a couple of days is a bit worrying.

1 minute ago, AleksiDj73 said:

is a bit worrying.

It's pretty normal for the voltage to rise, but you might want to do some other tests on it.  If the battery has a normal usage time on it, it is probably fine

2 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

It's pretty normal for the voltage to rise, but you might want to do some other tests on it.  If the battery has a normal usage time on it, it is probably fine

I wanna try to do a test as you said, fully charge the phone at 100% then discharge it till 0% using a software and see how many hours it lasts. Can you recommend me a good software about discharging the battery test?

So far the battery is looking pretty normal, it lasts way more ofc than my old phone. When i play league of legends on my new phone for 10 mins or so, i see that the battery has only dropped 2% which is not terrible at all.

Can you recommend me a good software about discharging the battery test?

apparently accubattery is good

2 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

So far the battery is looking pretty normal

In that case it is probably fine

2 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

apparently accubattery is good

In that case it is probably fine

Fun fact, i do have AccuBattery installed on my phone but i was saying like a software to run a battery test and leave the phone on till the battery dies because AccuaBattery i think just shows info about the battery and it does not do any tests

Yeah i think so too.

Oh also, would it be a good strat to send my phone to the Sasmung service center and replace the battery a few days before the warranty for the battery expires, is that a good strat? I mean, it kinda is because it will be a free battery replacement so what do you think lol

3 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Oh also, would it be a good strat to send my phone to the Sasmung service center and replace the battery a few days before the warranty for the battery expires, is that a good strat? I mean, it kinda is because it will be a free battery replacement so what do you think lol

If the battery has degraded more then 10%, you might as well, but replacing a battery your self is very cheap anyways, it only costs around £10 - £15 in the UK if you do it your self (that's if the phone does not have any stupid battery serialisation)

10 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

If the battery has degraded more then 10%, you might as well, but replacing a battery your self is very cheap anyways, it only costs around £10 - £15 in the UK if you do it your self (that's if the phone does not have any stupid battery serialisation)

It probably won't decrease by 10% because i'm mostly on my PC and i barely use my phone when i'm on my computer so yeah. I was just thinking of doing it for the battery to last a tad longer. I mean, it is free so why not lol. I replaced my battery for my old phone i think in december of 2018 and i had bought it on 10th of august 2017 and i payed 50 euros and it was out of warranty so that was a yikes and it was also water proof that's why it costed that much.

Nah nah, ain't taking any risks to replace the battery myself lol. I am quite an expert on computers (well not really an expert but i do know quite a lot of stuff) but not on phones and i have not done any replacing with phones so i'd leave it up to the experts themselves. I mean, i'm only 18yo (just turned 18 5 days ago) so i'm not really ready to replace anything on my phone yet but probs in the future idk

4 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Nah nah, ain't taking any risks to replace the battery myself lol.

If you don't need it to be water proof, and have good control over keeping your hands fairly steady, it is defo worth it

Just now, RTX 3090 said:

If you don't need it to be water proof, and have good control over keeping your hands fairly steady, it is defo worth it

Forgot to add something on my last comment. I mean, why replace the batter myself and lose the warranty? It's probably worth waiting till the warranty expires then i can do whatever the crap i want lol. Anyways.

My new phone is not water proof and i take very good care of my phones in general so yeah, it's defo worth it

I mean, why replace the batter myself and lose the warranty

I don't mean right now, I mean when it expires and if it loses a significant capacity and you want it changed out of warrantee. 

1 minute ago, RTX 3090 said:

I don't mean right now, I mean when it expires and if it loses a significant capacity and you want it changed out of warrantee. 

Gotcha gotcha. Yeah i'd rather wait till the warranties expire and then do f**k all to my phone lol but i will do a free battery replacement few days before the battery warranty expires even though the degradation of my phone will be very small by then but yeah, if i try to replace the battery myself, i'd wait till the warranty expires

12 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

Oh and yeah, thanks for the support and quick replies mate! 'Preciate it!

Just now, AleksiDj73 said:

Oh and yeah, thanks for the support and quick replies mate! 'Preciate it!

No worries, happy to help 😀