Memory leakage + BSODs

otherworldlynob

Hello.

For over a month now I've been having memory leak issues. Overnight, my RAM usage goes up to over 90% and there's usually a BSOD after that, with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. (I leave my PC on overnight, as I sometimes host game servers, although currently I'm not due to the memory leak.) In event viewer, this shows up as a Kernel Power warning. 

I've been told the best option is to reset my PC, but I'd rather not have to do that, so I was wondering if anyone could offer some tips. So far I've tried using Poolmon to find the culprit, however all the top pool tags just send a list of many different Windows pre-installed drivers. I've tried process explorer but it didn't really show much. 

For reference, I have a
Ryzen 5 2600X
16GB DDR4 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V)
ASRock B450 Pro4
GTX 1650 Super

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what I can do or you need more information.

I mean, the most basic thing to do is open task manager and see what processes are taking up RAM when you're maxing out. And remove them. Also, just generally, going through your programs and nuking anything you don't use is a good idea. Just stay up late on the weekend one night and watch, if that's what it takes

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

22 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

I mean, the most basic thing to do is open task manager and see what processes are taking up RAM when you're maxing out. And remove them. Also, just generally, going through your programs and nuking anything you don't use is a good idea. Just stay up late on the weekend one night and watch, if that's what it takes

Task manager doesn't show driver memory leaks. Nothing is shown to be taking up that RAM in task manager.

4 hours ago, otherworldlynob said:

Task manager doesn't show driver memory leaks. Nothing is shown to be taking up that RAM in task manager.

Well if the OS is losing it, then the usual OS repair steps exist (system file checker, windows update, "refresh my PC"). If you suspect drivers, try reinstalling any that weren't baked in to windows. Otherwise the steps to be taken are either just a new install, or require enough technical knowledge that if you don't know how/what already, it's probably not easy enough to explain in a forum post (at least one I'm willing to write, sry). 

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...