Start Menu not working Win 10 20H2

Super User

My problems started with Microsoft Store not working and while trying some fixes on PowerShell the Start menu was uninstalled. So now i cant access my Start Menu.

Any ideas what i should do? 

i tried this method but it didn't work.:

1. On the search bar, type powershell.
  2. From the list, right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
  3. On the new window that will appear, type the following command: Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
  4. Reboot your computer and see if the Start menu will work again.

9 minutes ago, Super User said:

My problems started with Microsoft Store not working and while trying some fixes on PowerShell the Start menu was uninstalled. So now i cant access my Start Menu.

Any ideas what i should do? 

i tried this method but it didn't work.:

1. On the search bar, type powershell.
  2. From the list, right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
  3. On the new window that will appear, type the following command: Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
  4. Reboot your computer and see if the Start menu will work again.

Revert to a saved restore point perhaps?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Revert to a saved restore point perhaps?

Yes thank you i thought of that and will try it after trying some fixes that i found online.

1 hour ago, Super User said:

I have no restore points available 🙄

Bollox!

Darned Windows 10.

Okay, we go another route:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-clean-up-windows-10-with-the-refresh-windows-tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-refresh-reset-or-restore-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84a7-69e4-c2c1fbceb8dd

(read carefully, data loss MAY occur)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

After reading up many fixes on the internet i tried using PowerShell

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

However it gives me a deployment error. I was actually trying to avoid resetting PC but i guess i am left with no choice. 

Well there are ways to refresh Windows without losing too much, it's done from safemode, I'll see if I can't find the link

23 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well there are ways to refresh Windows without losing too much, it's done from safemode, I'll see if I can't find the link

Thank you very much. This is the exact error i am getting while trying to run the script from PowerShell. Access is denied. Kindly see below:

07-03-2021 18:09:28       5505         Microsoft.WindowsStore_12011.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe : C:\Program Files\Wind
                                       owsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_12011.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\microsoft.syste
                                       m.package.metadata\S-1-5-21-2769439762-2188466740-4138146567-1001-MergedResource
                                       s-0.pri : Linked user-specific merged PRI file
07-03-2021 18:09:28       5401         error 0x80070005: Windows cannot create the AppContainer profile for the
                                       Microsoft.WindowsStore_12011.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe package.
07-03-2021 18:09:28       306          error 0x80070005: While processing the request, the system failed to register
                                       the windows.repositoryExtension extension due to the following error: Access is
                                       denied.
07-03-2021 18:09:28       316          error 0x80070005: Cannot register the request because the following error was
                                       encountered during the registration of the windows.repositoryExtension
                                       extension: Access is denied.

Run the CMD window was an Admin (right click, choose "run as admin")

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Run the CMD window was an Admin (right click, choose "run as admin")

I am running PowerShell as admin.

9 hours ago, Super User said:

I am running PowerShell as admin.

Hummm.....

Have you tried in Safe Mode?

What if you kill Explorer.exe and then try?