Logitech GHUB stuck on loading animation

W.arDle

Also had this once. A reinstall did it for me and i never had the prolem again.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Also had this once. A reinstall did it for me and i never had the prolem again.

ive tried that with no luck several times.. 😞

5 hours ago, W.arDle said:

ive tried that with no luck several times.. 😞

Sorry as this fixed it for me i sadly don't have any other suggestions. Hopefully someone else can help!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I had a similar issue.  I had to uninstall GHUB,  go to the store and buy a corsair keyboard, and promise myself NEVER to buy a Logitech gaming product again.

GHUB is a virus.

If its supported, try and use their LGS software instead.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

i like the logitech's hardware (and i got them for a really good deal) but as you say ghub is absoulute crap... i didnt want to but i guess ill have to just use the LGS software... no support for f13 to 24 tho 😞 .. but thank you for your advise.

• 1 month later...

So no one was able to get this fixed? It just recently started happening to me. I cant recall when it stopped working. However, I have tried almost everything from every other forum. I even have the support docs for all the common problems and how to fix. However, nothing is working. 

Things I have tried: 

Uninstall and reinstall. Didnt work. 

Uninstall with Revo Uninstaller to cleanly wipe it. Reinstalled after reboot and nothing. 

Tried the videos up above as well and nothing resolved.

LGS does support by G604 mouse unfortunately. On my Work Laptop i am able to run this software. I might just have to configure everything there and load it to the onboard profile. 

I fixed this issue for a buddy and I thought I would make an account and do a bit of a writeup. 

I originally followed this article but we found missing DLL files. (mfplat.dll and mfreadwrite.dll)

1. Stop the Ghub processes in the process tab in task manager so we can work on them:
    1. End LGHUB
    2. End LGHUB Agent
    3. End LGHUB Updater process
  2. Locate your LGHUB exe files at "C:\Program Files\LGHUB"
  3. Restart the LGHUB processes in this order:
    1. lghub_updater.exe

2. lghub_agent.exe

3. logi_crashpad_handler.exe

4. lghub.exe

4. Possibly results?

You may find that you get an error for missing DLL files. (in our case mfplat.dll and mfreadwrite.dll)

1. Download the missing files from a DLL site. (I use https://www.dll-files.com/, I realize this is sketchy, if anyone knows of a way to fix this with a MS KB update please reply. I could not resolve our issue with any KB updates I found)
  2. Put the extracted DLL file into your system32 folder under C:\Windows\System32
  3. Register the DLL files in windows with an admin mode command prompt window. using the the command "regsvr32 <DLLNAME>" in the case of these 2 DLLs the commands would be "regsvr32 mfplat.dll" and "regsvr32 mfreadwrite.dll"

I am not a windows expert by any means so im sure this process could be improved. I also know no root cause. I suspect this issue stems from the PRO N version of windows 10 not having these DLLs by default. The Media pack feature install in theory should install these, I am not sure why that does not work in some cases.