Computer displays "American Megatrends" when booting + NVMe SSD doesn't get recognized anymore

HennoTM

Hey there,

for some days now my computer displays the "American Megatrends"-screen during booting, in which I have to go to bios via F1 and exit that to boot Windows. Also I've noticed that Windows as well as bios don't recognize my Samsung 960 Evo anymore. I guess both these issues are somewhat related. Next week I'm going to take the SSD to a friend to test it, but does anyone of you have a clue, if it could just be something simple like dust in the contacts, or maybe a defect of the SSD or mainboard?
I appreciate any help!

14 minutes ago, HennoTM said:

Hey there,

for some days now my computer displays the "American Megatrends"-screen during booting, in which I have to go to bios via F1 and exit that to boot Windows. Also I've noticed that Windows as well as bios don't recognize my Samsung 960 Evo anymore. I guess both these issues are somewhat related. Next week I'm going to take the SSD to a friend to test it, but does anyone of you have a clue, if it could just be something simple like dust in the contacts, or maybe a defect of the SSD or mainboard?
I appreciate any help!

This happened to me a while back, and the way I fixed it was to go into the BIOS settings and turn CSM mode on. A quick google search suggests that this also worked on some other people's PCs. 

Hopefully this small tip fixes it!

PC Specs:
CPU:
R5 3600 | Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX | RAM: G.Skill 16 GB 3200MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming | Case: Phanteks P400S | Storage: WD SN550 1 TB + WD 3D NAND 1 TB | PSU: Corsair RM 750 W | Monitor: Samsung 27" G5 Odyssey WQHD 144HZ 

5 minutes ago, xSakurei said:

This happened to me a while back, and the way I fixed it was to go into the BIOS settings and turn CSM mode on. A quick google search suggests that this also worked on some other people's PCs. 

Hopefully this small tip fixes it!

I've just checked that. CSM is enabled (and probably always has been). The Boot Device Control is set to "UEFI and Legacy OPROM" and all other settings are on "Legacy OPROM first". It has to always have been these settings, since the only time I can remember changing bios settings was when I got the SSD and had to activate the M.2 slot there. But that also still seems to be enabled.