MONITOR RESTARTING ITSELF ?? Like going black for 2 seconds then coming back !!

hyrix7Q

Hello guys so one when i was playing VALORANT my monitor just went black ( and while its black there like these colors in the middle and sometimes its just black cant really see because it happens fast ) for like a second or 2 then comes back to normal i didnt care about it but after like 4 hours it did it again while playing the same game i thought it could be the game or something causing then the next day he did it again but this time i wasnt playing i was just on googleSo my question what can be the cause of this ?is it the monitor itself ?im scared of one thing : that my gpu is causing it ??? can that be possible ? or it just the monitor ? because i tried playing i game that pushes the gpu for limit 95% for like 5 mins but it was fine no monitor restarting  so i gues its like nothing to do with the gpu right ??????? i tried reinstalling the gpu driver but still the same

PS: its not happening a lot maybe once or twice a day

monitor : LG FLATRON W1934S

GPU : MSI GTX 1660 GAMING X

2 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

: that my gpu is causing it

Its much more plausible than your monitor failing.  Sounds like your graphics card driver is crashing. Monitor your graphics card temperatures while gaming using something like hwmonitor.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Try changing HDMI cable.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

Its much more plausible than your monitor failing.  Sounds like your graphics card driver is crashing. Monitor your graphics card temperatures while gaming using something like hwmonitor.

by that you mean the gpu is more plausible or the drivers ?  my temps seems to be fine i tested it with msi afterburner it doesnt get above 72 + i dont play heavy game alot

8 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Try changing HDMI cable.

i have an adapter from vga to hdmi because my monitor doesnt have hdmi slot on it 

should i change the hdmi adapter or the vga cable ?

You have an ancient monitor, from a time where monitors often failed due to capacitors going bad or due to fluorescent lamps going bad due to age.

Most likely it's capacitors degrading.

if any of the capacitors in the picture look swollen or cracked at the top they have to be replaced with low esr equivalent caps (Same capacitance or slightly higher, same voltage rating or slightly higher)

Also see video

image.png.dd1a6cfc4d107c660afd8cf881a757e7.png

21 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You have an ancient monitor, from a time where monitors often failed due to capacitors going bad or due to fluorescent lamps going bad due to age.

Most likely it's capacitors degrading.

if any of the capacitors in the picture look swollen or cracked at the top they have to be replaced with low esr equivalent caps (Same capacitance or slightly higher, same voltage rating or slightly higher)

Also see video

image.png.dd1a6cfc4d107c660afd8cf881a757e7.png

yeah buddy its an old monitor that i used for alot of years i can change it im just worried because some guy told me it can be the gpu causing it , and i really dont want that , my gpu seems to work fine even when playing games but this monitor issue happens even while not playing so it shouldnt be the gpu right ?  one more thing the monitor started to show some lines sometimes they appear on the TOP of the screen and they keep showing fast not so big lines you know just a small line from the left to the right ON the top

4 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

monitor issue happens even while not playing so it shouldnt be the gpu right

That doesnt mean it rules out your graphics card or your drivers or both. Try snapping a picture of this issue you are experiencing. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

That doesnt mean it rules out your graphics card or your drivers or both. Try snapping a picture of this issue you are experiencing. 

it happens fast bro and randomly i cant expect it actually and its not happening alot uk as i said twice maybe a day ! :// and as i mentioned for the guy above , i started to see some lines showing on the top of the monitor sometimes they show sometimes they dont , restarting the monitor manually makes them disapear sometimes ! 

Given you've got an ancient monitor AND a converter (they usually suck) it's far more likely one of these are the problem rather than the GPU.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

16 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Given you've got an ancient monitor AND a converter (they usually suck) it's far more likely one of these are the problem rather than the GPU.

I WISH SOO MAN i really do , i think i should try a new adapter and if the problem still shows ill try to get a new monitor and see

Just not the gpu please god xDDD