help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .

so last week i upgraded my network from adsl to fiber . and i chose a 250mbps plan from a network provider here in Oman called omantel . and i started using it but i discovered something really stupid . that my non-5G phone max out in the speed test at 50mbps . so i was very angry and i called the costumer service . the asked me to check the speed in my pc . so i did and it reached 250mbps . then they said that 2.4 Ghz network for my phone will max out at 50 mbps only although i am paying 110 usd / month . so i told them that there is nothing in their website indicates this . so i asked if i can cancel my play but they said that i should pay about 300 usd to do that . i was shocked . but i asked them to help me with another thing that is being that my room is only 7m away from the router but the signal is very weak there . they said that i should buy and extender which will cost me 180 usd . so i searched in google and i fond that there is a specific setting that increases the bandwidth for the 2.4 Ghz network . it is something like (802.11n) idk . if anyone can help i will be really thankful . 

NOTE * DON'T SUGGEST FOR ME TO PAY THE PLAN CANCELLATION FEE CUZ I CAN'T AFFORD IT .

Nothing, and they're providing the service they should. Connect your phone to the 5GHz Wifi (that's not the same as 5G cellular).

What phone do you have?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

You might be able to change this to just 802.11n:

image.png.7450f3c38d469cd76d016a219c9931bc.png

In theory 802.11n can do 300-450Mbps max, but it depends on the devices being used and their antenna setup. In my experience, it's not odd to get 50Mbps on it.

The real speed increase is in 5Ghz WiFi, specifically 802.11ac (as 802.11a is only rated for 50Mbps). Of course your device (your phone) needs to support this too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 minutes ago, the cool guy X_X said:

if anyone can help i will be really thankful.

You can't blame your ISP for client-side hardware limitations. Your ISP can't account for all makes/models of phone out there. The speed they promise is usually what can be provided if directly wired to the internet gateway.

What make/model of phone do you have?

Have you run a wireless survey in your area? Search for WiFi Analyzer on the Microsoft Store and post the channel output from the Analyze tab for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

That feature you're talking about is called channel bonding. To increase the bandwidth on 802.11n, the AP binds two 20MHz channels on the 2.4GHz frequency. While this can potentially increase the available bandwidth on 2.4GHz, it can also result in a lot of interference especially in a crowded wireless airspace. Hence the reason for performing a wireless survey first.

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Nothing, and they're providing the service they should. Connect your phone to the 5GHz Wifi (that's not the same as 5G cellular).

What phone do you have?

it doesn't support 5G

12 minutes ago, the cool guy X_X said:

so last week i upgraded my network from adsl to fiber . and i chose a 250mbps plan from a network provider here in Oman called omantel . and i started using it but i discovered something really stupid . that my non-5G phone max out in the speed test at 50mbps . so i was very angry and i called the costumer service . the asked me to check the speed in my pc . so i did and it reached 250mbps . then they said that 2.4 Ghz network for my phone will max out at 50 mbps only although i am paying 110 usd / month . so i told them that there is nothing in their website indicates this . so i asked if i can cancel my play but they said that i should pay about 300 usd to do that . i was shocked . but i asked them to help me with another thing that is being that my room is only 7m away from the router but the signal is very weak there . they said that i should buy and extender which will cost me 180 usd . so i searched in google and i fond that there is a specific setting that increases the bandwidth for the 2.4 Ghz network . it is something like (802.11n) idk . if anyone can help i will be really thankful . 

NOTE * DON'T SUGGEST FOR ME TO PAY THE PLAN CANCELLATION FEE CUZ I CAN'T AFFORD IT .

You should connect to the 5ghz network from the router not the 2.4ghz. 5G on a phone is about cellular not wifi.

1 minute ago, the cool guy X_X said:

it doesn't support 5G

That would be surprising as phones have supported 5GHz WiFi for maybe a decade? 

Anyway can't help you if you don't answer questions or properly read the answers. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Falcon1986 said:

What make/model of phone do you have?

SAMSUNG A20

1 minute ago, the cool guy X_X said:

it doesn't support 5G

What kinda old or cheap phone do you have that doesn't support that? Even so your isp is delivering exactly what they should be delivering the fact that your phone cannot recieve the max speed is on you not them.

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

That would be surprising as phones have supported 5GHz WiFi for maybe a decade? 

Anyway can't help you if you don't answer questions. 

i can't find the 5G network from my phone 

Just now, the cool guy X_X said:

SAMSUNG A20

That has 5Ghz bandwith support. Maybe you are seeing 2 wifi signals that your router sends out and you are just connecting to the wrong one? Could also be your router is 2.4ghz OR 5ghz and you have to change that. If so then you might wanna just get a cheap access point to give you wifi instead so you don't run into issues with having either or of the bandwith.

Either way 50mbps is enough to do well anything you'd do on a phone normally.

4 minutes ago, the cool guy X_X said:

SAMSUNG A20

The WLAN adapter for the A20 seems to be of the WiFi-4 generation. While it supports up to 802.11n, it might not have an antenna for 5GHz WiFi.

Incorrect info. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That has 5Ghz bandwith support. Maybe you are seeing 2 wifi signals that your router sends out and you are just connecting to the wrong one? Could also be your router is 2.4ghz OR 5ghz and you have to change that. If so then you might wanna just get a cheap access point to give you wifi instead so you don't run into issues with having either or of the bandwith.

Either way 50mbps is enough to do well anything you'd do on a phone normally.

not when i am in my room it drops sometimes to 2mbps

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That has 5Ghz bandwith support. Maybe you are seeing 2 wifi signals that your router sends out and you are just connecting to the wrong one? 

no i can recognize the 5G network

2 minutes ago, the cool guy X_X said:

not when i am in my room it drops sometimes to 2mbps

Well yeah that is wifi. The included router from your isp is known to never really be good that is why people get their own or if that isn't possible a decent access point.