Dumb TVs with 4k and HDR?

Sirgeorge

Anyone know of any dumb tvs with both 4k and HDR. Doesn't have to be from this year. I'm ok going the used market. Still, interested.

EDIT: You've all made some interesting points, but perhaps there's a better solution. Does anyone know of any lists (wikipedia) of tv models by manufacturer? That might be a good starting point.

you get what you pay for with HDR and 4k. I would rather buy a good second hand Sony than a cheap new 4k. I say this owning a cheap LG 4k. I doubt you will find a good screen on a dumb TV.

I don't think there's any 4k dumb TV anymore, it has some sort of OS inside.

Want a cheap 4K TV? get a TCL or Xiaomi. TCL are getting good reviews nowadays. 

Both with android tv inside.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, Mling said:

good second hand Sony than a cheap new 4k

Avoid sony at all cost, sony tv's are getting bad in the past 10 years.

I had 2 32 & 55inch sony both are dead sooner than my older lg and samsung.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Avoid sony at all cost, sony tv's are getting bad in the past 10 years.

I had 2 32 & 55inch sony both are dead sooner than my older lg and samsung.

lol ive had problems with samsung

3 minutes ago, Mling said:

lol ive had problems with samsung

Yeah, i know problems can randomly happens, but in my case both models seems to have pretty high complaint (based on my research).
I paid $1200 back then expecting it to last at least 5 years. Dead in 3 years, and they charge me $500 to fix the motherboard. Damn sony.

$500 can get me a 4k with better tech today.

20 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yeah, i know problems can randomly happens, but in my case both models seems to have pretty high complaint (based on my research).
I paid $1200 back then expecting it to last at least 5 years. Dead in 3 years, and they charge me $500 to fix the motherboard. Damn sony.

$500 can get me a 4k with better tech today.

when i was talking about quality. I wasnt talking about risk of getting a faulty tv. I was talking about image quality.

2 minutes ago, Mling said:

when i was talking about quality. I wasnt talking about risk of getting a faulty tv. I was talking about image quality.

Exactly why i have lost my trust on higher end brands, they can't give you better lifetime, might as well get a chinese one, which looks like getting better with newer release and with cheaper replacement parts.

Image quality no doubt is better, but i can't buy a new tv every 3 years.