Need Help! Internet routing

goic37

I have a Razer Blade Base (2019), when i play games, like Rainbow Six Siege, mi ping is at 100, and when i test my internet, at speedtest.com (i´m from CHILE) with my web browser, it throws a ping of 4ms, but, when i test it with the speedtest.com APP (from exactly the same company), it throws a ping of 70ms, 80ms, sometimes more than a 100ms. This happens to me with Rainbow Six Siege, and Discord. When i use a VPN (Exit Lag), i have 52ms stable (That´s what is suppose to have because the servers are at Brazil). But in other games, like Valorant, i don´t need the VPN, so it´s like my computer sometimes choose bad routes for connecting the servers, and my biggest problem is that it´s starting to affect my streams (streamlabs). I´ve tried DMZ, static IP, deactivating the Firewall from the laptop. My internet is not the problem, i have 940mbps download and 430mbps upload. Help please :C..... And sorry for the misspelling.

Your PC doesn't choose the route, the routers will choose routes, depending on the configuration. Theres not much you can do to change your routes besides using a VPN. Once your traffic passes your wireless access point it will go to you're ISP routers which will decide how to route the traffic. The VPN services you use, probably either have better traffic flow or better routing protocols to get you to the R6 servers quicker. You could attempt to contact your ISP about it but I doubt they will do that much. Even in places like the U.S. its not uncommon for people in the mid-west who tend to have to connect to servers on the east coast or west coast to see pings upwards of 100ms. 

it also depends on the game server location. Because you are in chile, there aren't going to be any ubisoft servers in that region as far as I know. so you are always going to be connecting to USA servers which are MUCH farther away. the farther away the server location, more ping. 

on speedtest you are always testing with the closest server so it is not a real world speed. there is nothing you can do to improve your ping. 

More distance to server = more ping. its just physics. 

Yes, but the problem is, that this problem started few weeks ago. Before, i had a normal connection (connecting directly to Brazil). So now i discovered, that some apps (Discord, games, etc.), are having this problem, and some not, wich in some cases, the problem is solved using a VPN (i use Exit Lag), but not all apps are in the VPN list. And also, this apps worked perfectly fine a few weeks ago, and my friends that have the exact internet company (i live a few blocks from them), they don't have any problems. And the thing of Speedtest connecting to the closest server, then i don't understand why, when i test it on my web Browser (Google Chrome) it gives me the following stats: Ping: 4ms, Download: 940mbps, Upload: 430mbps. And when i test it on the app that i download from the Microsoft Store, it gives me very inconsistant numbers, but they are like this: Ping 110ms, Download: 80mps, Upload: 300mbps, and it also connects to another server than the web browser did. When my friends do that same test, the web browser and the app connect to the same server for the test. It's like the computer for some apps, makes like a "bad routing" to the server.

5 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

Your PC doesn't choose the route, the routers will choose routes, depending on the configuration. Theres not much you can do to change your routes besides using a VPN. Once your traffic passes your wireless access point it will go to you're ISP routers which will decide how to route the traffic. The VPN services you use, probably either have better traffic flow or better routing protocols to get you to the R6 servers quicker. You could attempt to contact your ISP about it but I doubt they will do that much. Even in places like the U.S. its not uncommon for people in the mid-west who tend to have to connect to servers on the east coast or west coast to see pings upwards of 100ms. 

Thank you very much! I will do that!