Need some big brains to tell me what to do

Offworld_

So I recently purchased a Pre-Built ABS Gladiator with the RTX 3070 card in it and i CANNOT get my monitor to stay on while i game. The monitor just turns off, then the actual PC stays on with a black screen. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is happening. AT first i couldnt do ANYTHING on this new set up (had it 48hrs and cant do anything) because RAZER cortex was on here and just BSoDing me constantly, i uninstalled and plugged in my old keyboard and mouse. all drivers are updated and i fresh installed windows. what is happening? 

heres the tower: ABS Gladiator (48 hours old)

ANYTIME i open even something like world of warcraft shadowlands hell, even classic monitor turns off, and then its just black screen and i have to hard press a shutdown.....

***EDIT*** i have a fairly weak Monitor but that shouldnt matter...

That much trouble..... Return it and get your money back and build your own PC.

The LTT community will help you.

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

That much trouble..... Return it and get your money back and build your own PC.

The LTT community will help you.

I just wanted to get something put together because i dont really have time to build my own with two kids running around. But i cannot understand what is happening here. 

Try a new cable with the monitor - are you using any sort of adapter?  (assuming its just the monitor having issues and you can hear the splash screens of your games loading etc)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just now, Tristerin said:

Try a new cable with the monitor - are you using any sort of adapter?  (assuming its just the monitor having issues and you can hear the splash screens of your games loading etc)

yes I have tried 3 different HDMI cables, its plugged directly into the RTX, should i not plug this weak samsung into the gpu? and instead plug it elsewhere? 

4 minutes ago, Offworld_ said:

So I recently purchased a Pre-Built ABS Gladiator with the RTX 3070 card in it and i CANNOT get my monitor to stay on while i game. The monitor just turns off, then the actual PC stays on with a black screen. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is happening. AT first i couldnt do ANYTHING on this new set up (had it 48hrs and cant do anything) because RAZER cortex was on here and just BSoDing me constantly, i uninstalled and plugged in my old keyboard and mouse. all drivers are updated and i fresh installed windows. what is happening? 

ANYTIME i open even something like world of warcraft shadowlands hell, even classic monitor turns off, and then its just black screen and i have to hard press a shutdown.....

I would assume that the system actually froze not just the monitor. Likely the gpu shutdown while under load. Given the subpar PSU I am nor surprised. I mean 650 W 80+ Bronze (no-name) and a 3070, that has to cause problems eventually. 

Could be the cable, but if you have a weak monitor I kind of doubt that's the bottleneck. Have you tried the other outputs on the GPU? Maybe one of them is bad.

Just now, Offworld_ said:

I just wanted to get something put together because i dont really have time to build my own with two kids running around. But i cannot understand what is happening here. 

I understand, I have 3 kids.

It's hard to pinpoint the issue like this one. 

I wonder if the driver is crashing? 

Does windows sound and HDD light still work as if you lost the screen and the PC is still running?

You could try and reset the Gpu driver without a restart maybe this will work.

When the screen goes black, and you think the system is still operational,

Hit these keys at the same time. Win + Ctrl + Shift + B keys.

The Gpu driver should be restarted in just a few seconds.

6 minutes ago, Offworld_ said:

Lets take it a step at a time. If there's a way to test if it's the monitor, please do so. Use a different monitor with different cable to connect to the GPU to see if it is in-fact the monitor and not an issue with the PC/GPU itself.

After confirming it isn't or is the monitor, go to your power settings and turn on, "performance settings" and not balanced to make sure your GPU is drawing enough power to play the games.

After doing this, and you confirm it isn't the power or monitor, I need you to swap your HDMI cable for a DVI cable to make sure it isn't HDMI related port issues.

All my years of trouble shooting, it's usually some sort of PCI-e update that isn't automatically installed and you'll have to do it yourself to make sure the GPU is working properly. I usually use a third party program to scan for out-dated drivers and drivers that aren't showing like PCI-e.

Make sure to observe everything and take note on what happens. If none worked, come back here and post what you observed and we'll go from there.

17 minutes ago, c00face said:

Lets take it a step at a time. If there's a way to test if it's the monitor, please do so. Use a different monitor with different cable to connect to the GPU to see if it is in-fact the monitor and not an issue with the PC/GPU itself.

After confirming it isn't or is the monitor, go to your power settings and turn on, "performance settings" and not balanced to make sure your GPU is drawing enough power to play the games.

After doing this, and you confirm it isn't the power or monitor, I need you to swap your HDMI cable for a DVI cable to make sure it isn't HDMI related port issues.

All my years of trouble shooting, it's usually some sort of PCI-e update that isn't automatically installed and you'll have to do it yourself to make sure the GPU is working properly. I usually use a third party program to scan for out-dated drivers and drivers that aren't showing like PCI-e.

Make sure to observe everything and take note on what happens. If none worked, come back here and post what you observed and we'll go from there.

First off I would like to say thank you. And you should change your name to c00lCalmandCollectedface because Ive been on full tilt for 24 hours my critical thinking module is fried in my brain. SO, update ive plugged in a widescreen LG monitor, using the same HDMI cord/SAME port. and so far so good, been runnning shadowlands(easiest game to open) in the back for about 10 min and i dont want to jinx myself, but no issues as of yet.