Kotok

CPU: intel i7 2600 3,4 GHz 

this cpu clockspeed drop when playing any games from 3400 mhz to 1600 mhz

MAXIMUM temperature is : 83c

9 minutes ago, Kotok said:

CPU: intel i7 2600 3,4 GHz 

this cpu clockspeed drop when playing any games from 3400 mhz to 1600 mhz

MAXIMUM temperature is : 83c

are you using an MSI motherboard? out of curiousity it could be a host of things causing it but that seems normal unless youre in a 3d application then it could be something related to either your core or motherboard. hard to say in the current moment.

Edited by Chris Greene
Added more detail about possibilities

Laptop? Give build details.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/52213/intel-core-i7-2600-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-80-ghz.html

The Core i7-2600 has a base speed of 3400 MHz so the CPU should not be going below that speed while playing a game.

Try running ThrottleStop.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

Check the Log File option and record a log of your CPU's performance while gaming. Attach the log to your next post or copy and paste the info to http://www.pastebin.com

If you have an MSI motherboard, try clearing the BD PROCHOT box and see if that  helps your CPU speed. Post lots of screenshots if you want help solving this throttling problem.

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

laptop?

Probably a desktop. The i7-2600 at 3400 MHz is a desktop CPU.

Probably an oem pc and is power limit throttling 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

On 3/1/2021 at 12:18 AM, unclewebb said:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/52213/intel-core-i7-2600-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-80-ghz.html

The Core i7-2600 has a base speed of 3400 MHz so the CPU should not be going below that speed while playing a game.

Try running ThrottleStop.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

Check the Log File option and record a log of your CPU's performance while gaming. Attach the log to your next post or copy and paste the info to http://www.pastebin.com

If you have an MSI motherboard, try clearing the BD PROCHOT box and see if that  helps your CPU speed. Post lots of screenshots if you want help solving this throttling problem.

Probably a desktop. The i7-2600 at 3400 MHz is a desktop CPU.

MonitorLog2021-03-07_00-36-43-081.txt

On 3/1/2021 at 12:10 AM, Chris Greene said:

are you using an MSI motherboard? out of curiousity it could be a host of things causing it but that seems normal unless youre in a 3d application then it could be something related to either your core or motherboard. hard to say in the current moment.

im using intel dz68db Motherboard

12 minutes ago, Kotok said:

u mean that?

No.

I suggested turning on the Log File feature while running ThrottleStop. It logs the most common reasons for CPU throttling and provides options to correct these problems. A screenshot or two of ThrottleStop while your CPU is throttling at 1600 MHz would also be helpful. The most common cause of severe throttling like this can be solved by clearing the BD PROCHOT box in ThrottleStop. Your CPU is under the 100°C thermal throttling temperature set by Intel so there is no reason for it to be throttling to 1600 MHz.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 1:02 AM, unclewebb said:

No.

I suggested turning on the Log File feature while running ThrottleStop. It logs the most common reasons for CPU throttling and provides options to correct these problems. A screenshot or two of ThrottleStop while your CPU is throttling at 1600 MHz would also be helpful. The most common cause of severe throttling like this can be solved by clearing the BD PROCHOT box in ThrottleStop. Your CPU is under the 100°C thermal throttling temperature set by Intel so there is no reason for it to be throttling to 1600 MHz.

422794246_Screenshot(33).thumb.png.83a3c5f4f171c5e3255a61af402d3833.png

Screenshot (34).png

On 3/7/2021 at 1:02 AM, unclewebb said:

No.

IDK WHATS THE PROBLEM help me fix it please kind annoying while playing game

12 hours ago, Kotok said:

help me fix it

How can I help you fix it if you do not show me any pictures of ThrottleStop? Did you clear the BD PROCHOT box like I suggested?

On 3/30/2021 at 11:52 PM, unclewebb said:

How can I help you fix it if you do not show me any pictures of ThrottleStop? Did you clear the BD PROCHOT box like I suggested?

when i clear the bd prochot my cpu is never going to 1600 mhz so what happen to my pc?, but after i clear the bd prochot this cpu temperature maximum going to 92c

6 hours ago, Kotok said:

my cpu is never going to 1600 mhz

Did that fix your problem? What speed does your CPU run at now?

A higher CPU temperature probably means your CPU is not throttling and slowing down anymore. A maximum temperature of 92°C is a safe operating temperature for an Intel CPU. You can buy a better heatsink and fan or replace your thermal paste if you like seeing lower temperatures. There is no reason to do this. That would be a waste of time and money. A CPU at 70°C or 80°C or 92°C will all run at the same speed. There is no difference in performance. 

17 hours ago, unclewebb said:

Did that fix your problem? What speed does your CPU run at now?

A higher CPU temperature probably means your CPU is not throttling and slowing down anymore. A maximum temperature of 92°C is a safe operating temperature for an Intel CPU. You can buy a better heatsink and fan or replace your thermal paste if you like seeing lower temperatures. There is no reason to do this. That would be a waste of time and money. A CPU at 70°C or 80°C or 92°C will all run at the same speed. There is no difference in performance. 

am i need to keep open throttle stop?, but u said turn off bd prochot if i use msi motherboard, im using intel motherboard

7 hours ago, Kotok said:

am i need to keep open throttle stop?

Did ThrottleStop fix your problem? What settings did you change? What speed is your CPU running at now?

If you used ThrottleStop to fix your problem then I would leave ThrottleStop running all of the time. Minimize it to the system tray. It is very efficient. Very little CPU or memory usage when it is running. 

On 4/3/2021 at 12:46 AM, unclewebb said:

Did ThrottleStop fix your problem? What settings did you change? What speed is your CPU running at now?

If you used ThrottleStop to fix your problem then I would leave ThrottleStop running all of the time. Minimize it to the system tray. It is very efficient. Very little CPU or memory usage when it is running. 

clearing bd prochot and turn off the turbo boost

1 minute ago, Kotok said:

turn off the turbo boost

Why? Your log file shows that your temperatures are good. There is no reason to disable turbo boost. 

BD PROCHOT is not caused by high temperatures. It is usually caused by a sensor that has failed.