How to control fans connected to Arctic PWM fan hub.

MrConcrete04

Hello world,

I recently received my Arctic PWM fan hub and once I connected all the fans to it and went into the bios I had no control over the RPM and they went very fast making lots of noise.

Any help is appreciated,

e.

Did this fan hub have a power plug (i.e. SATA or Molex power) and a PWM header?

Have you plugged in both cables and did you set the BIOS fan control on that header?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes one SATA power and one 4 pin of which only 2 pins were connected. I connected as instructed in the instructions, in the bios I saw the rpm readout however I wasnt able to control it

51 minutes ago, MrConcrete04 said:

Yes one SATA power and one 4 pin of which only 2 pins were connected. I connected as instructed in the instructions, in the bios I saw the rpm readout however I wasnt able to control it

First you need to know the name of the connector you pugged it in to.  CPU fan? Cha fan 1?  and so on.

Make sure that your software or bios uses PWM. i have seen some Msi MB from the x99 days have problem with this 

41 minutes ago, NorKris said:

First you need to know the name of the connector you pugged it in to.  CPU fan? Cha fan 1?  and so on.

Make sure that your software or bios uses PWM. i have seen some Msi MB from the x99 days have problem with this 

I connected it to the SYSFAN2 cos I didnt have easy access to SYSFAN1. I have a MSI B150M PRO-VDH

9 hours ago, NorKris said:

do you see any way in bios or in software to enable PWM? 

I used speedfan as I heard it is popular. And these are the options that I had...

image.png.8b0b953a3d44f60c69821f2730d418e6.png

im not sure speedfan does PWM so well.  Try msi Dragon center or Command Center  or Command dragon  🙂

5 hours ago, NorKris said:

im not sure speedfan does PWM so well.  Try msi Dragon center or Command Center  or Command dragon  🙂

I got it downloaded, where do I find the fan controls?

Well as it turns out.. Msi does not have direct Pwm mode 

image.thumb.png.618c1deab1b19214159d85622e672559.png

On 2/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, MrConcrete04 said:

I connected it to the SYSFAN2 cos I didnt have easy access to SYSFAN1. I have a MSI B150M PRO-VDH

Your motherboard only supports PWM control with CPU_FAN header. This is more common on lower end boards. So you need to connect hub to CPU fan if you want to use it. On SYS headers it will be only full speed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 years later...
On 3/1/2021 at 4:23 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Your motherboard only supports PWM control with CPU_FAN header. This is more common on lower end boards. So you need to connect hub to CPU fan if you want to use it. On SYS headers it will be only full speed.

I tryed to plug my hub into the cpu header but i still cannot control anything but the cpu fan..

6 hours ago, Kapoly said:

I tryed to plug my hub into the cpu header but i still cannot control anything but the cpu fan..

Yeah, since it's hub. It applies controls from the header it's connected to to all others. The point of this thread is another thing, please make your own if you want suggestions for your own issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv