Cant change display brightness on laptop

Go to solution Solved by ssblank,

After 

On 2/28/2021 at 3:24 PM, qzeus said:

Do a restart. I have dealt with such issues in the past. And tbh even yesterday I faced it. So just restart your system. It's most probably a bug in Windows. (Pro Tip: Never update windows to the latest version)

Yeah. I think it was a windows issue. After checking for updates and installing all the latest stuff everything seemed to clear up

Hello,
Im using a Dell inspiron 7567. GTX 1050 and Intel HD 630, Windows 10. One day im just doing some work and the screen flashes black for about 3 seconds followed by that windows sound that plays when you connect or disconnect a device. A while later i try to change my laptop brightness with the hardware buttons but i realize that it doesn't work. I tried on the OS through settings and it still doesnt change brightness. I've also tried a driver update, tried disabling and reenabling the driver as well but still no results.
Please what do i do? I dont want to have to reset or reinstall windows or anything of that sort.

10 minutes ago, ssblank said:

I tried on the OS through settings and it still doesnt change brightness.

Did you try setting the brightness through Nvidia Control Panel? That should resolve your issue.

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

51 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Did you try setting the brightness through Nvidia Control Panel? That should resolve your issue.

I dont have that option available in the nvidia control panel. Or am i missing something?

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

Do you still have warranty? This sounds like it could be hardware issue with motherboard, or display connector.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Do a restart. I have dealt with such issues in the past. And tbh even yesterday I faced it. So just restart your system. It's most probably a bug in Windows. (Pro Tip: Never update windows to the latest version)

• 3 weeks later...

After 

On 2/28/2021 at 3:24 PM, qzeus said:

Yeah. I think it was a windows issue. After checking for updates and installing all the latest stuff everything seemed to clear up