I am confused - gtx970 OC

Hello everyone

As you can see in one of my last posts I hav oc'd my whole system without major problems.

The problem now is whilst an hour of furmark does work without problems, Rocket League on the other hand fails after 5 minutes.

I don't get why. Setting down Memory Clock did not help, ramping the Voltage to the max (apparently 1213 mV) does not help either.

But as soon as I change to the ASUS standard OC profile everything works fine. Why?

Can anyone explain this to me?
Any Idea how to fix it?

grafik.png.97aa733f72765d5f1801d0c05d62bab4.png
Temps are typically at 74°C after an hour of stresstesting GPU and CPU ath the same time.

Thank you beforehand
Greetings, Ale

Some games simply use a gpu differently compared to benchmarks and stresstests. So basically your oc is not stable so lower it.

I have to test other games but no benchmark or stresstest I used got it to crash.

Even the ones with gameplay did not.

I don't really understand why this should happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Try to use different software for oc, some software is buggy for some gpus or software error. Msi afterburner is standard for oc (only evge software is usable for their high end gpus) try to lowering memory to +500MHz because its only gddr5. 

Excuse me, I forgot to finish the story. 

In the End I lowered the GPU clock 6mhz and set the voltage 1mV higher and since then it runs fine. 

Though I don't quite understand the behavior. The GPU monitoring says it's running on 1552 instead of 1470 and the voltage goes beyond my settings no matter what I set... (always goes to 1212) 

Maybe some nvidia boosting tec? 

My CPU also gets reported as 800mhz in some software so... I don't really care anymore as everything runs cool and stable now 😛