Under constant attack online

Digideath

Hi there. I'm badly needing help. I dont know what to do or how to deal with this.

I'm under constant attack from a hacker. I've been singled out for some reason and this person knows a disturbing amount of information about me. It's been going on for 2 years. They are targeting multiple account's I have online. Hotmail, steam, battlenet, epic, ubisoft, msi etc. Its all the same foot print. Who ever is behind it uses a vpn with the same group of servers.

For example

My hotmail account has been hacked 3 times. Once I had to recover the account because the password had been changed. I can check with hotmail/outlook and can see multiple attempts to log in to my account. All from Taiwan, Vietnam, russia etc. They never show browser or os type. That how I know it's a vpn being used. This happens every other day. Multiple attempts to gain access to my hotmail account. It's been going on for 2 years.

They hijacked my battlenet account and changed my password. I had to contact battlenet to get my account recovered. The guy I was talking to told me that who ever it was, they knew the answer to my secret question. What was the name of your first pet. That's how they gained access.

You get the idea. I've had multiple accounts hijacked this way. I always end up having to recover them. I also wake up regular to security alert emails and password recovery emails. This person, whoever it is knows all my accounts, they know my old password combinations and they know my usual secret questions.

Today I woke up to a security email from ubisoft. Someone from Taiwan had gained access to my account. I had to change password, again.

do you have the same security question and answer almost everywhere?

try checking if your email is linked to any database leaks here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

it's high time u did a security overhaul on your accounts, all of them

including a fresh install of OS, and check your networking

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

So who'd you piss off?

It's a valid question. Someone had a grudge against you. 

Don't go with the usual security answers next time, make shit up, be unpredictable.

Are you certain your system is clean? Might be time to do a nuke and pave and start from fresh

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

do you have the same security question and answer almost everywhere?

try checking if your email is linked to any database leaks here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

it's high time u did a security overhaul on your accounts, all of them

It says I've been pwnd. 7 data breaches.

I used to use the same questions but I changed them up after the battlenet hijack.

Also I did change my passwords. Not one from my old collection but I made whole new ones up.

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So who'd you piss off?

Don't go with the usual security answers next time, make shit up, be unpredictable.

Are you certain your system is clean? Might be time to do a nuke and pave and start from fresh

Hmm. I used to get up to certain things online. I'm retired now but i have made more than a few enemies on the way. I have my suspicions put it that way.

And my os is a recent install I did. Its 2 weeks old at most.

12 minutes ago, Digideath said:

It says I've been pwnd. 7 data breaches.

I used to use the same questions but I changed them up after the battlenet hijack.

Also I did change my passwords. Not one from my old collection but I made whole new ones up.

Hmm. I used to get up to certain things online. I'm retired now but i have made more than a few enemies on the way. I have my suspicions put it that way.

And my os is a recent install I did. Its 2 weeks old at most.

Well best you can do is 2FA, random questions and random passwords if you wish to keep your accounts. I had to retire an email because of an issue like this once luckily it barely had any accounts linked to it.

15 minutes ago, Digideath said:

Hmm. I used to get up to certain things online. I'm retired now but i have made more than a few enemies on the way.

Well then, time to change *everything*

Make new usernames for video games.

Make new e.mail addresses with different hosting companies (not the ones you currently use)

Completely change your on-liner persona. 

Yes, it's a pain, but it's the only way to disappear.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

29 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So who'd you piss off?

Also would like to add popular online services will get hacked or have a dataleak it's not an if but a when. I mean the amount of times adobe or sony haven't had it has been crazy and I am so glad I have a burner email basically where all those accounts are on. The amount of spam and whatnot it gets a day is insane.

First of all, nuke your system and start over.

Once that is done, download Dashlane, it holds up to 50 accounts on the free version and will generate strong, secure passwords for you. It also stores the passwords for easy access. You will need to set up a master password for Dashlane. This password needs to be very strong, I suggest using a random generator and making it at least 16 characters. You will need to keep this master password written down somewhere, or memorize it.

Change the password on your main email address. USE DASHLANE TO GENERATE A SECURE PASSWORD. I use 16 characters but it doesn't matter that much as long as it's more than 12. Change your security questions too, replace them with gibberish and write down the answers. Enable 2 Factor Authentification if you can. You need this account to be secure at least temporarily so you can fix everything.

Now, make a new email account, on a different email service, with a completely different name than your Hotmail account. This will be your new "buffer" account. Again, generate a strong password with Dashlane, use gibberish for the security questions, and ENABLE 2FA (if the email service doesn't have this, choose another one).

Switch all the accounts you care about to the new email address. Change the password for all those accounts using Dashlane. Enable 2FA for important stuff like Steam, Bnet, etc. Once you have ALL your accounts switched over (triple check this), DELETE your Hotmail account.

As a final step, create yet another account on the same service as your first new account. Use this account for personal things only. Switch your online banking over to this email, along with any other financial things. Do not use this account to register for websites or for online shopping, that is what the buffer account is for.

Now, even if your buffer account get cracked wide open (it won't, since all your accounts now have a strong password and 2FA), your personal account with all your banking info will still be safe.

At the end you will have 1 buffer account that you use exclusively for registering on various websites and online shopping. You will have 1 personal account that contains your banking info and can be used for other things like communication with family, sending job applications, etc. And you will have 0 hacked Hotmail accounts because it no longer exists.

It's a lot, but you can knock it out in a few hours if you just sit down and do it. It is probably a good measure to nuke your buffer account every few years because it is an eventuality that it will be involved in some sort of leak at some point.

42 minutes ago, Digideath said:

Hi there. I'm badly needing help. I dont know what to do or how to deal with this.

I'm under constant attack from a hacker. I've been singled out for some reason and this person knows a disturbing amount of information about me. It's been going on for 2 years. They are targeting multiple account's I have online. Hotmail, steam, battlenet, epic, ubisoft, msi etc. Its all the same foot print. Who ever is behind it uses a vpn with the same group of servers.

For example

My hotmail account has been hacked 3 times. Once I had to recover the account because the password had been changed. I can check with hotmail/outlook and can see multiple attempts to log in to my account. All from Taiwan, Vietnam, russia etc. They never show browser or os type. That how I know it's a vpn being used. This happens every other day. Multiple attempts to gain access to my hotmail account. It's been going on for 2 years.

They hijacked my battlenet account and changed my password. I had to contact battlenet to get my account recovered. The guy I was talking to told me that who ever it was, they knew the answer to my secret question. What was the name of your first pet. That's how they gained access.

You get the idea. I've had multiple accounts hijacked this way. I always end up having to recover them. I also wake up regular to security alert emails and password recovery emails. This person, whoever it is knows all my accounts, they know my old password combinations and they know my usual secret questions.

Today I woke up to a security email from ubisoft. Someone from Taiwan had gained access to my account. I had to change password, again.

Change everything 

-passwords

-usernames

-Enable 2FA

-Emails

You could change your IP if you don’t want to get DDOSD

geometry is hard
b550 > x570