Water-cooling/future build advice needed

try4killa

Budget (including currency): whatever it costs

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Personal computer games/streaming or anything else 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So i kind of wanna go over this build and hear some advice or changes that someone with experience might have. I'm building a kind of overkill build of a computer to replace what i have now mostly for fun and experience.

i want to get custom loop water cooling but i have zero experience with water cooling. The build is not a rush but overtime buy given SCALPER prices etc i dont have a set fund but of course want to pay the best prices i can get.

The build consists of:

CPU:  i9-11900K I personally want to wait for the newest release of intel's 11th gen

GPU: RTX 3090  at the moments waiting for better prices

CASE: ROG Strix Helios white not 100% on the case yet but this is the one i have my eyes on atm, given that I'm going with water-cooling i wanna make sure i have enough room for everything.

RAM: G. Skill Trident Z Royal 128GB 4x32GB DDR4-4000 yes... ik this is way more then ill really need but its something i personally want 🙂

Harddrive/SSD: Sabrent rocket 4 4T x2

POWERSUPPLY: corsair AX1600i  

Motherboard:  rog maximus xiii extreme "glacial"  been looking into these motherboards idk if they are released yet but they caught my eye would love some ideas on changing or agreeing with this as the motherboard.

Fans/cables/water-cooling:  this is probably where i need the most help idk how to really get started with water-cooling i would like to get RGB cables for look and cleanness but i would like to get a water-cooling for my GPU and CPU and which fans would be the best that have RGB but the best price aswell.   If there is anything i left out feel free to ask but this is as far as iv gotten so far again this build it not a rush im just tryna get a parts list together so i can start buying these pieces whenever i see the best prices [Thanks In Advance]

The rog case is not a case I can recommend for custom watercooling as it has pretty darn poor airflow which will make your cooling a lot less effective.

I mean you say you don't wanna spend more money than needed on parts but well your motherboard costs more than a high end gaming rig already so ya know I don't know what to tell you really.

I would not get a i9 11900k tho. It's just an 8 core that costs a stupid amount of money and will most likely just be worse than amd if intels 10th gen laptop offerings are anything to go by. So I would just swap to amd here regardless as you get more cores anyways and since you are streaming might as well do that you can even stream from the cpu then which is the best possible quality a stream can be then.

For watercooling really don't go too advanced. Keep it simple which keeps it painless. But can't recommend much without a case set in stone first and the rog helios is not a case you want for this.

Go for the inwin 805 infinity(I think that's what its called) because of the cool effect on the front. The just to a 240 mm rad on the bottom or top.

45 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The rog case is not a case I can recommend for custom watercooling as it has pretty darn poor airflow which will make your cooling a lot less effective.

I mean you say you don't wanna spend more money than needed on parts but well your motherboard costs more than a high end gaming rig already so ya know I don't know what to tell you really.

I would not get a i9 11900k tho. It's just an 8 core that costs a stupid amount of money and will most likely just be worse than amd if intels 10th gen laptop offerings are anything to go by. So I would just swap to amd here regardless as you get more cores anyways and since you are streaming might as well do that you can even stream from the cpu then which is the best possible quality a stream can be then.

For watercooling really don't go too advanced. Keep it simple which keeps it painless. But can't recommend much without a case set in stone first and the rog helios is not a case you want for this.

If thats the case on the Helios whats a good counter, im not super picky on cases im just wanting to computer to be extremely flashy, aswell as the motherboard what i mean but getting the best prices i mean for scalping people for gpu's ect my budget isnt low i just wanna make sure im getting the best prices on things not just paying stupid amounts on items that are less. But the water cooling i get the going simple but i really wanna branch out and go with a nice tubing water cooling system and iv looked all over and it doesnt look that hard to setup i just really lack the knowledge on cases for making that work

10 minutes ago, try4killa said:

If thats the case on the Helios whats a good counter, im not super picky on cases im just wanting to computer to be extremely flashy, aswell as the motherboard what i mean but getting the best prices i mean for scalping people for gpu's ect my budget isnt low i just wanna make sure im getting the best prices on things not just paying stupid amounts on items that are less. But the water cooling i get the going simple but i really wanna branch out and go with a nice tubing water cooling system and iv looked all over and it doesnt look that hard to setup i just really lack the knowledge on cases for making that work

Well you have the tried and true o11 dynamic which is super beginner friendly.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Well you have the tried and true o11 dynamic which is super beginner friendly.

yeah that was another case i looked at, seems to have plenty of room for everything i needed to do and if this is the case i go with, where should i go to get all the pieces i need to setup this water-cooling system and for RGB fans whats the best bang for your buck. im tryn to keep that white look with a blue coolant.