New to streaming but a gaming oldie question

han_han08

hey guys, i just resurrected my lurker self in this forum. but still watching LTT content.. i tried searching which category this should be in, hope our mods move this to the correct one or point me to the relevant one.

I just tested the waters into streaming and I'd say there's a lot to learn. Question is if I'm doing ANYTHING right.

I wanted to stream my game into Twitch, record it, and post to YouTube afterwards. I did that last night and a secondary stream into facebook.

I found out nvidia geforce experience is not able to stream and record at the same time, but i liked the quality of the recorded gameplay compared to OBS (for now).

Twitch Studio is able to alone capture the game, but without any filter (color correction?) unlike OBS (I figured this out while streaming). 

I've tried these:

Geforce exp (alone): share to facebook, no recording

Twitch Studio (alone): Twitch, no recording

Twitch Studio: Twitch, no recording + OBS: share to facebook, with recording

Wasn't able to make Geforce exp work in that last one, but i will try again since it was just a video on a player.

Is this overkill? LOL Anything else I can do to make things simpler? Anything i'm missing out on?

On 2/27/2021 at 8:10 PM, gloop said:

Why not just stream and then download it from the Twitch dashboard after?

Oooh didn't know that, mate.

Does it expire in twitch?

My next question is similar, if videos uploaded in youtube gets deleted? Expired?

Im actually learning to colour correct my videos now thru Vegas Pro. Will compare that with OBS studio

15 minutes ago, han_han08 said:

Oooh didn't know that, mate.

Does it expire in twitch?

My next question is similar, if videos uploaded in youtube gets deleted? Expired?

Im actually learning to colour correct my videos now thru Vegas Pro. Will compare that with OBS studio

Yes, VODS on twitch do get deleted after 14-days (60 days for partners/prime/Affiliate). Youtube videos stay forever (Unless it violates their TOS).

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 1:41 AM, AlexOak said:

Yes, VODS on twitch do get deleted after 14-days (60 days for partners/prime/Affiliate). Youtube videos stay forever (Unless it violates their TOS).

Will it be the same for live on facebook?

Im not able to see anything answering that.

Still messing around different settings. Im not sure why nvidia wouldnt broadcast to facebook at the same time with twitch and youtube. I tried it like this:

Twitch studio -> twitch

OBS -> youtube

Nvidia -> facebook

Nvidia just stops broadcasting immediately when i click start. I just settled with twitch and facebook