Cheap ~50" TV for PC gaming.

Skeeter

What would people recommend for a cheap TV around 50" for primarily casual PC gaming over HDMI?

UK based so no Vizio unfortunately.

Check rtings.com for something with low input lag.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

29 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Check rtings.com for something with low input lag.

Looks like Samsung 7000 or 8000 might be a good bet. The LGs at the low end are IPS, and as I game in a dark room I think I'd prefer the VA on the Samsung's.

32 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

Looks like Samsung 7000 or 8000 might be a good bet. The LGs at the low end are IPS, and as I game in a dark room I think I'd prefer the VA on the Samsung's.

I have a 58" NU7100 as my PC monitor 🙂 was pretty cheap

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 hours ago, Skeeter said:

9 hours ago, Enderman said:

I have a 58" NU7100 as my PC monitor 🙂 was pretty cheap

i agree i had a samsung 7100 it was a decent tv to game on. 8000 series is just a newer screen. so either 7000 or 8000 and you can get them pretty cheap now that they are old stock

6 hours ago, circeseye said:

i agree i had a samsung 7100 it was a decent tv to game on. 8000 series is just a newer screen. so either 7000 or 8000 and you can get them pretty cheap now that they are old stock

The 8000 series is a higher end model with more features and stuff, the 'newer' or 'older' is determined by the two letters at the front, NU, JU, etc..

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

The 8000 series is a higher end model with more features and stuff, the 'newer' or 'older' is determined by the two letters at the front, NU, JU, etc..

eh 8000 was a little better then 7000.  i had the un7100...forgot the first 2 letters are model the letters "after" the number are for region. i think the ru is the newest model for the 7000 and 8000 series

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 7:57 PM, Skeeter said:

What would people recommend for a cheap TV around 50" for primarily casual PC gaming over HDMI?

UK based so no Vizio unfortunately.

they have cheap tvs around that size for about $400 i think. Dont get a 720p or 1080p bc it will look AWFUL at 50".

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now