Help me push a button that doesnt exist?

So I've purchased a mouse that's more professional than my last gaming mouse and while my experience, has been good I have a new problem. the new "MB7" as we will call it is mapped blank and wants to be assigned a key and wants to be assigned a key function by pressing a key however it would be better as a new unique key for push to talk purposes how? do i make it unique and push a button that doesn't exist?

2 minutes ago, diex626 said:

So I've purchased a mouse that's more professional than my last gaming mouse and while my experience, has been good I have a new problem. the new "MB7" as we will call it is mapped blank and wants to be assigned a key and wants to be assigned a key function by pressing a key however it would be better as a new unique key for push to talk purposes how? do i make it unique and push a button that doesn't exist?

You can check if it support F13 - F24.

These are keys not present on modern keyboards, but definitely still exist.

Otherwise, you can make it press a character you wouldn't use yourself, which is not on your keyboard, but can still be picked up by the push to talk software.

Things like the Brazilian Comma or a specific other type of character.

If the software supports neither option, you can always assign a complicated shortcut to the mouse, i.e. Ctrl+Shift+ a numpad number. You're unlikely to use all of these normally otherwise.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/