Phanteks NEON Combo Set not lighting up

Hi,

I bought myself the Phanteks NEON Combo Set (2x RGB Strips with 5V) and hooked one up to my MB (Aorus B450I Pro Wifi), which has a 3 pin Digital LED Header (2A; 5V | D | NA | G) . When I then booted the system, the strip was not lighting up. I then tried to adjust  the MB connector to assure a good fit. But the strip didn't light up at all.

Unfortunately I have no other RGB Hardware for reference and testing. I even tried both strips, one at a time, but both don't light up.

I also have RGB RAM installed which works fine and is even picked up by the RGB Fusion 2.0 Software. Reinstalling the RGB Fusion Software didn't fix the problem either.

I also tested if the Digital LED Header was even working, and the 5V are coming through.

Has someone an idea what could be wrong with my hardware, or what else I can try to get those RGB strips working?

Could it be that the included adapter (Digital LED to 3-Pin) is not compatible with my MB?

As far as i can tell, everything you listed should be compatible. It's possible the adapter is bad if neither strip lights up? But without additional stuff to test, it's hard to say.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, Flannelist said:

It's possible the adapter is bad if neither strip lights up?

I don't think so, cause I also tested the adapter, and there I got also the 5V on both the V input and the data line. Or is there more to it, than just the voltage comming through the adapter?

Could it be that the MB doesn't supply enough power to the header? Because I recently borrowed a PC of a friend and plugged in one strip in his PC, and it just worked.

Edited by kalidali
Further clues