Roaming in sever 2012

Hi guys,

just upgraded to server 2012 and having a slight issue with setting the permissions on roaming user profiles. Is this supposed to be done different than in server 2008/2003? (eg. GPO) because I've tried to to set the permissions on the users' folders without and luck. 

Ive gotten it as far as it creates the folder for the user but administrators do not have access.

below is the batch file i used to run to enable this:

icacls C:\UserProfiles /grant Everyone:(NP)(AD,RD,RA,X) 
icacls C:\UserProfiles /grant "Domain Admins":(OI)(CI)F 
icacls C:\UserProfiles /grant System:(OI)(CI)F 
icacls C:\UserProfiles /grant "CREATOR OWNER":(OI)(CI)F 
icacls C:\UserProfiles /remove administrators 

CPU: i7-960  3.2GHz on H50 | RAM: 12GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz | MB: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | GPU: PowerColor RADEON HD 5770 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GBHDD: WD 1.5TB Green Drive | PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 500W Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 

I personally create a folder called "profiles", share it with domain users. Then go to AD Users And Computers, find your user and double click, and there is a tab called Profile.

You should see a field called Profile path. Into that you will enter: \\"ServerNameOrIP"\"SharedFolderName"\%Username%

It has to be done for every single user manually, but you dont have to enter their username at the end since the "%username%" fills it out itself. I guess you could create a script to enter the profile path to every user in an OU but I never found myslef needing to do so many that I would spend my time creating such script.

I would have included screenshots but all of the Server 2012s I have access to are not in English.

If you have any issues reach out back to me. Or if I helped you, mark the question as answered.

• 2 weeks later...

The profiles do roam, but the Domain Admins do not seem to have access to those folders. Taking Ownership of the folder resets the permissions

CPU: i7-960  3.2GHz on H50 | RAM: 12GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz | MB: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | GPU: PowerColor RADEON HD 5770 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GBHDD: WD 1.5TB Green Drive | PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 500W Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 

The profiles do roam, but the Domain Admins do not seem to have access to those folders. Taking Ownership of the folder resets the permissions

Have you checked NTFS permissions?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked NTFS permissions?

NTFS permissions; Everyone has FC