Possibly shorted my hard drives...

I was putting my hard drives in my unraid server under 1 molex to sata extension and now even with different sata connectors, the hard drives won't spin. Is there a test I can do to see if the hard drives are still functioning? Is this an easy fix for a professional? 

well the easiest way to see if they are still functioning is to plug them in correctly and see if they show up as expected.

If you are lucky its just the PCB of the drive that is fried and a professional could take the PCB of functioning drives of the exact same model and possibly restore the data but obviously this is gonna be super expensive so its probably better to use a backup you hopefully have and just buy new drives.

Try plugging them in individually. They may need to be plugged in to a seperate power port for each drive.

43 minutes ago, vankin said:

1 molex to sata extension

I don't see why this is the problem.

I use molex to 2 sata splitter for years and no problem, as long as the connector is high quality.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w