AMD admits there are USB connectivity problems with X570 & B550 boards (it's currently believed that the issues only happen when using a PCIe 4 GPU)

Reonu

As someone who is suffering these issues myself, it's good that they're finally admitting it:

It's important to note that this is NOT brand specific. I'm having the issues with a MSI Tomahawk X570 (with a 3070 and a 5800X) but there are reports of people having the exact same issues with boards from Gigabyte, Asus, etc.

In my case, only the USB 2.0 ports are affected. If I plug my headset, mouse, keyboard etc into any USB 2.0 ports, they will randomly drop out during any kind of high load scenario, including gaming. So for example I could be playing Apex Legends and the mouse and headset will suddenly disconnect and take 2-3 seconds to start working again. USB 3 ports seem to be fine. Also, the issue is resolved by dropping the x16 PCIe slot to Gen 3 mode (which obviously isn't a solution)

Another issue that people are having is that apparently using the HP Reverb G2 on X570 / B550 is straight up impossible unless you use an add-in PCIe USB card. It just straight up won't work with any of the board's USB ports. I don't have a G2 myself but it seems like it's extremely widespread.

Now to see if it can be fixed via software (BIOS, AGESA, etc) patches. I really hope this doesn't end up with a recall.

Huh, I do get device disconnect and reconnect windows notifications/bings every now and then on my mod mic usb, but nothing other than that is perceptible. I hear the sound of the disconnect/reconnect but nothing other than that has happened. I've never had anybody say that my voice has dropped out at all when that has happened. I wonder if thats the same issue or something else.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I haven't had any issues with my b550, guess I dodged another bullet.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

12 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I haven't had any issues with my b550, guess I dodged another bullet.

Do you use your USB 2.0 ports? or only 3.0+?

1 hour ago, Reonu said:

Do you use your USB 2.0 ports? or only 3.0+?

Theres 2 usb 2.0's on my mobo, haven't had issues with them

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6