How to plug a second Router to the Main Router?

andarhan
Go to solution Solved by Falcon1986,
19 minutes ago, andarhan said:

Hello from Germany, we have quiet anti-consumer cable ISPs here so I am unable to use bridge mode on the main cabel modem. The problem is the main modem is fairly old and wlan is not working well. Is there anyway if I can plug a hot router like this to the old one to get Wi-Fi6?

If all you need is to upgrade the WiFi, why not just get a wireless access point?

Hello from Germany, we have quiet anti-consumer cable ISPs here so I am unable to use bridge mode on the main cabel modem. The problem is the main modem is fairly old and wlan is not working well. Is there anyway if I can plug a hot router like this to the old one to get Wi-Fi6?

19 minutes ago, andarhan said:

If all you need is to upgrade the WiFi, why not just get a wireless access point?

6 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

I already have the Asus RT-AX82U, can I use it as wireless access point? It would be an expensive one but I already have it.

10 minutes ago, andarhan said:

I already have the Asus RT-AX82U, can I use it as wireless access point? It would be an expensive one but I already have it.

You should be able to.

I'd also recommend you assign it a static LAN IP within your subnet, but outside of the DHCP pool.