PCB of Gigabyte aorus rtx 3070 8gb master

Hi, has anyone ever tried water cooling this card? do you guys mind sharing pics of its PCB? i ran out thermal paste 😞 

another thing, what are your takes on reusing thermal pads?

thanks in advance! 🙂 

(for context) i'm in contact with bykski right now for their N-GV3070aorus-x. before placing my order, i confirmed if i had everything correct. he actually asked for a picture of my card's PCB. I actually liked the way that he suggested that. it will really avoid a lot of hassles in the unlikely event that my card has a unique out of place capacitor. (does this even happen though?) 🤣

This will be my first attempt in doing this. will appreciate all your inputs 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Chrismike,

Have you already installed your Bykski water block?

I received mine the other day for the 3070 8GB Master and am hesitant to install it.

5 hours ago, RugaCH said:

Hey Chrismike,

I received mine the other day for the 3070 8GB Master and am hesitant to install it.

😂 i actually am worried myself once the block or rather the whole kit arrives. And no still waiting. It’s just now being shipped. How fast did you receive yours, and is it off of aliexpress as well?

but I’ve got a game plan set to get to calm my nerves 😂😂😂😂😂 first is to egg you on doing it and will ask for some tips later on. Then I’d just start with cleaningn the components first (as per youtube) then the rad placement. Try out the fan placements as well and then See if the tubes will fit right. Start cutting the tubes. And probably stop there. Will probably do some heavy stress testing and recording for the nth time probably just so to delay the inevitable. Then will actually start on the loop 😂

oh and by the way do note the screws for the oled when you take it apart 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 8:27 PM, RugaCH said:

Hey Chrismike,

Got my stuff earlier today. Just finished and doing leak test now. Have you done yours already? I’m concerned with my block’s contact with the die itself.

what happened was, as i was about to close it all up, i made a mistake of putting the gpu flat on the table.... so because of the pci-e slot bracket(dunno what it’s called 😂), the block became ajar with the gpu. So i decided to check if my pastes and pads got messed up. Good thing it happened too. Turns out that the block barely spread out the paste. I’m concerned that the included pads maybe too thick (but it doesn’t seem so).... So i reapplied some more paste (generously) and used the spatula that came with the block. Closed the block then built the loop. 4 hours into the leak test, everything was fine. My impatience got the better of me and decided to make a quick stress test (20-30minutes) I’m glad that my thermals are great. Time spy xtreme peaked at 50 i think (note that it’s only about half an hour so I don’t think it’s reached its equilibrium yet).  Did a quick auto OC too with the aorus engine and was able to get 2360 at 1.06v with temps at 40c.

after that, I’m less concerned with the block/die contact. I’m just glad my thermals are as good what i was expecting. 

Another note: for some reason my noctuas still hasnt arrived! SO! I’m using 1 fractal(stock rear exhaust) and 2 nzxt h510 stock 120 fans for the rad. 😂😂😂😂 i hope you know how ridiculous the nzxt fans are ( i mean the stock ones) and the gpu temp is still great.

will be installing an artic 2000rpm case fan at the front lower fan. RAD AT THE FRONT AND PUMP/RES IN THE BAY!!! Was too excited to put the loop together, i forgot to put in the third fan!!!!! I’d have to disconnect the rad again just to be able put the fan in 😡

too sleepy now. Resuming my leak test. Will install fan tomorrow and do another leak test for the RAD 😡

26C1C611-BE23-4470-A058-C763C4B84190.jpeg

18305442-2525-4C5A-94DE-28D4C6D46E52.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2021 at 2:54 PM, Chrismike said:

Got my stuff earlier today. Just finished and doing leak test now. Have you done yours already? I’m concerned with my block’s contact with the die itself.

what happened was, as i was about to close it all up, i made a mistake of putting the gpu flat on the table.... so because of the pci-e slot bracket(dunno what it’s called 😂), the block became ajar with the gpu. So i decided to check if my pastes and pads got messed up. Good thing it happened too. Turns out that the block barely spread out the paste. I’m concerned that the included pads maybe too thick (but it doesn’t seem so).... So i reapplied some more paste (generously) and used the spatula that came with the block. Closed the block then built the loop. 4 hours into the leak test, everything was fine. My impatience got the better of me and decided to make a quick stress test (20-30minutes) I’m glad that my thermals are great. Time spy xtreme peaked at 50 i think (note that it’s only about half an hour so I don’t think it’s reached its equilibrium yet).  Did a quick auto OC too with the aorus engine and was able to get 2360 at 1.06v with temps at 40c.

after that, I’m less concerned with the block/die contact. I’m just glad my thermals are as good what i was expecting. 

Another note: for some reason my noctuas still hasnt arrived! SO! I’m using 1 fractal(stock rear exhaust) and 2 nzxt h510 stock 120 fans for the rad. 😂😂😂😂 i hope you know how ridiculous the nzxt fans are ( i mean the stock ones) and the gpu temp is still great.

will be installing an artic 2000rpm case fan at the front lower fan. RAD AT THE FRONT AND PUMP/RES IN THE BAY!!! Was too excited to put the loop together, i forgot to put in the third fan!!!!! I’d have to disconnect the rad again just to be able put the fan in 😡

too sleepy now. Resuming my leak test. Will install fan tomorrow and do another leak test for the RAD 😡

26C1C611-BE23-4470-A058-C763C4B84190.jpeg

18305442-2525-4C5A-94DE-28D4C6D46E52.jpeg

is this block still working good for you? im trying to decide between the bykski and the barrow waterblocks for the same gpu

On 4/18/2021 at 12:12 AM, dglt said:

is this block still working good for you? im trying to decide between the bykski and the barrow waterblocks for the same gpu

It's great. it's hitting the 3 month mark very soon. i will take it apart very soon just to see how things are hanging inside. but parameters are very impressive. will update this thread after, so that a proper review will be given for this water block.

34 minutes ago, Chrismike said:

It's great. it's hitting the 3 month mark very soon. i will take it apart very soon just to see how things are hanging inside. but parameters are very impressive. will update this thread after, so that a proper review will be given for this water block.

nice, good to hear. i actually ended up cancelling my bykski order and went with the barrow, did you use the included thermal pads?

On 4/20/2021 at 12:54 AM, dglt said:

nice, good to hear. i actually ended up cancelling my bykski order and went with the barrow, did you use the included thermal pads?

yes...but not for long. i bought several thermalrights at the time. but since i'd be dismantling it after a few months, decided to use the ones that came with it first. anyway, they're fine. will find out if it will actually improve after i replace them.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:54 AM, dglt said:

The pads are good still, the block and its fins are good, radiator’s good and also the pump is still good. 1month in and did a quality inspection it may be too soon, but had to take my rig apart sooner than expected. Anyway, so far so good. No sediments/unwanted stuff in the drained fluid as well btw.

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2021 at 5:10 PM, Chrismike said:

The pads are good still, the block and its fins are good, radiator’s good and also the pump is still good. 1month in and did a quality inspection it may be too soon, but had to take my rig apart sooner than expected. Anyway, so far so good. No sediments/unwanted stuff in the drained fluid as well btw.

hey do u have a shot of the pcb by chance i cant find any from techpowerup

On 8/1/2022 at 1:20 AM, clutchmaster said:

hey do u have a shot of the pcb by chance i cant find any from techpowerup

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/o3z7ve/the_blueprint_of_aorus_geforce_rtx_3070_master_8g/

not sure if this is real pcb, but it's from bykski n-gv3070aorus-x waterblock

image.png.538abfe08b5b6e091a8db09b9a4d9686.png

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

On 8/1/2022 at 11:55 PM, fonzz1e said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/o3z7ve/the_blueprint_of_aorus_geforce_rtx_3070_master_8g/

not sure if this is real pcb, but it's from bykski n-gv3070aorus-x waterblock

image.png.538abfe08b5b6e091a8db09b9a4d9686.png

thanks hopefully it is so i can compare to other cards since once i buy a 3070 i plan to shunt mod it dont want my vrm blowing up just cause they cheaped out