Heelp please ! Mic doesn't work, front io issue ?

chensov
Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,
1 minute ago, chensov said:

Back IO works with old headset. With new one it doesn't, also front IO works with old headset if I plug it with a single jack. So it seems to me like its the headset, however, why it works fine on iPad I have no idea. 

I agree it sounds like the headset, but the fact that it works with the iPad is odd.

Hi everyone!!!

I need help because I'm out of ideas what could be causing the issue. Was playing CS GO everything worked fine, until it didn't. All of a sudden mic stopped working. I spent the whole day trying to resolve the issue, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling windows. Headset definitely works I plugged it into my iPad and checked with the voice recoding app everything is loud and clear. However, nothing on my newly built PC. When I plug headset in it recognises it, in terms of notification from Realtek Audio Console popping up bottom right asking me to confirm that which device I plugged in :

Mic In > I press ok.

Headphones In > I press ok. 

I checked every connection on MB everything is connected correctly. The only thing now I can think of is FRONT IO. When I wiggle the jack inside the socket its picking up some static noise however, not my voice. 

Case: Corsair 4000d airflow.

Could someone suggest something or what should I do I wouldn't ask just to be a pain but honestly I'm out of ideas by now. 

Thanks 

7 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Does it work on the Back IO?

Honestly, I am not sure, there are 6 outputs however, my headset has only one jack. Usually I just plugged them into front io and it seems to work. You think could be motherboard ? 

13 minutes ago, chensov said:

Honestly, I am not sure, there are 6 outputs however, my headset has only one jack. Usually I just plugged them into front io and it seems to work. You think could be motherboard ? 

Your front panel I/O is likely a combo headphone/mic jack then. Did your headset come with a splitter? If so you can use it to separate the headphone and speaker portion of your headset and then try plugging it into the back I/O to see if the issue still exists. 

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

11 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Your front panel I/O is likely a combo headphone/mic jack then. Did your headset come with a splitter? If so you can use it to separate the headphone and speaker portion of your headset and then try plugging it into the back I/O to see if the issue still exists. 

Just found old headset with a 2 way jack. Yes back I/O works fine. 😞 

Strange, I plugged the old headset into front io and it also works with a single jack.. it could be the headset then but why does it work fine on ipad ? Im so confused 

3 minutes ago, chensov said:

Just found old headset with a 2 way jack. Yes back I/O works fine. 😞 

Back I/O is working with the old headset or the new one?

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

6 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Back I/O is working with the old headset or the new one?

Back IO works with old headset. With new one it doesn't, also front IO works with old headset if I plug it with a single jack. So it seems to me like its the headset, however, why it works fine on iPad I have no idea. 

1 minute ago, chensov said:

I agree it sounds like the headset, but the fact that it works with the iPad is odd.

2 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Ok , I agree. Well I'm going to make a bold statement - never buy JBL headset 😄 Thank god I bought it about 3 weeks ago will exchange for a different set. Thanks for all your help. 

2 minutes ago, chensov said:

Ok , I agree. Well I'm going to make a bold statement - never buy JBL headset 😄 Thank god I bought it about 3 weeks ago will exchange for a different set. Thanks for all your help. 

Sorry for the bad luck! Hope whatever you replace it with works flawlessly!