CMP seems underwhelming

So I was looking at the new NVidia CMP cards and thinking that they look terrible, and I know I’m probably wrong but I don’t know how. Take the 50hk, at 45MH/s and 250W that’s pretty bad compared to my barely tuned 5700xt at 50MH/s and 180W.

1 minute ago, Niswendel said:

So I was looking at the new NVidia CMP cards and thinking that they look terrible, and I know I’m probably wrong but I don’t know how. Take the 50hk, at 45MH/s and 250W that’s pretty bad compared to my barely tuned 5700xt at 50MH/s and 180W.

It really depends on how much they cost tho tbh. Also it looks like they might be a 3060 that's just binned and with more memory.

Yes, the cards look like absolute shit, higher TDP's, lower hashrate. looks like some bullshit NVIDIA pulled out of their ass and decided to make for crypto miners so that NVIDIA shills would be happy and think that none of the GEFORCE cards were going to miners. 

6 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

It really depends on how much they cost tho tbh. Also it looks like they might be a 3060 that's just binned and with more memory.

looks like an un-binned/ semi disable 3080 with a higher TDP.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Just now, Letgomyleghoe said:

looks like an un-binned/ semi disable 3080

That's entirely possible, maybe they are trying to get rid of some somewhat defective silicon and still make some money.

1 minute ago, jrhaberland said:

That's entirely possible, maybe they are trying to get rid of some somewhat defective silicon and still make some money.

That would be a much better move in the grand scheme of things, since they wouldn't want to divert actual good silicon away from the already strained geforce line

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

That would be a much better move in the grand scheme of things, since they wouldn't want to divert actual good silicon away from the already strained geforce line

Yeah and if that is the case, it would be silicon they would be just throwing away, so if they can make money off it. It's gonna help their bottom line.

8 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Exactly what I was thinking, it's a win in all situations for NVIDIA, boosts PR, *possibly* pulls noob miners away from Geforce cards, and gets rid of shitty silicon that would otherwise be trash. 

Only thing is that every HX card has a higher TDP than even the 3060ti. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

If they don’t price it pretty low I don’t think it’ll do too great, I say this because any miner who can think through things.

a 3060 ti ~$1000 on eBay will perform AT LEAST 53 mh/s (nice hash) at probably MAX 200w (the verge) this is already better then the 50hk and probably much better if properly overclocked now sure if they priced it sub $300 it may be good short term, but then it too would be sold out, leading to probably an eBay price of at least IMO $800

and if this wasn’t enough if the market crashes your screwed as there is no resale value to the cards then

If they were really cheap it would be a no brainer. But those that have the need for cards can get them at a fair price anyway. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

The efficiency may be in question, but it's how well the memory will clock with a lower power limit. Who knows if the memory has been binned. No doubt, the GPU's are probably salvaged from the trash.

The GPU's would still be in use after they're no longer profitable. For example, you can use them for Folding at Home or Boinc (Providing the support is given).

Current Build

On 2/19/2021 at 1:03 AM, Mick Naughty said:

If they were really cheap it would be a no brainer. But those that have the need for cards can get them at a fair price anyway. 

The main issue is supply, they have a finite amount of fabs able to make wafers, the supply of material is limited, production lines are limited.

You can't start to fabricate 200% more products overnight, this needs planning and investments and time. Being short on time, I'm guessing this is all PR and is meant to calm outraged gamers out there, that's all.

nvidia will continue making bank on the limited supply and will wait for this to quiet down, like last time.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

45 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

The main issue is supply, they have a finite amount of fabs able to make wafers, the supply of material is limited, production lines are limited.

You can't start to fabricate 200% more products overnight, this needs planning and investments and time. Being short on time, I'm guessing this is all PR and is meant to calm outraged gamers out there, that's all.

nvidia will continue making bank on the limited supply and will wait for this to quiet down, like last time.

I don’t see an issue with any of it. Aside from wasting time and material to make mining specific cards. But like I said, that will just make them buy are the cards that aren’t effected. 
Plenty of cards out there. So the angry gamers just need to get more money or not upgrade. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

25 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

I don’t see an issue with any of it.

Like I said, there's a finite amount of production lines, if they have a hard supplying graphic cards at the current level, why would it be easier to make twice as much?

I'm confused about why people don't see the flaw in the argument here ?

how can I make 1500 something, If I can't make more than 1000 currently ?

Unless they announced increased production and I missed it? CMPs won't change anything.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !