New motherboard not allowing me to boot to ssd

So here's the situation:

I just upgraded from a Gigabyte Gaming Ultra board to a MSI Z490 Unify meg board and an I5 10600k, and now I cannot boot to any of my hard drives.

The ssd with my operating system shows up in the hard drive menu of the bios, but does not show up in boot order... Neither do any of my drives or even cd drive. HELP

For reference the new board has Clickbios 5 on it.  

I have to reinstall windows after building a new system because my old ssd is on legacy bios and my new board is Uefi. Does anyone know how I could move my configuration (Files on C: drive like documents folder, sound settings, etc.) to the new windows ssd? HELP!

1 hour ago, BOBWARPATH said:

So here's the situation:

I just upgraded from a Gigabyte Gaming Ultra board to a MSI Z490 Unify meg board and an I5 10600k, and now I cannot boot to any of my hard drives.

The ssd with my operating system shows up in the hard drive menu of the bios, but does not show up in boot order... Neither do any of my drives or even cd drive. HELP

For reference the new board has Clickbios 5 on it.  

try changing your csm settings.

There was a way back in the day of being able to get Windows to swap from Legacy to UEFI using Start-up Repair. Let me see if I can find it.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Yeah looks like mbr2gpt.exe in recovery mode. You may need an older install USB/CD to do it but that's how I converted mine

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

On 2/18/2021 at 4:55 AM, bmx6454 said:

try changing your csm settings.

Every source I have read on says the csm settings on the msi board are under Advanced"-> "Settings"-> "Windows OS Configuration, however because this board has never met a windows drive yet the windows os config tab does not exist....

On 2/18/2021 at 5:01 AM, rcmaehl said:

Yeah looks like mbr2gpt.exe in recovery mode. You may need an older install USB/CD to do it but that's how I converted mine

This was the first thing I tried with my windows 10 cd, and it just says it was not able to convert. Even when I type C: in the command line to select the C drive (Which works) It still says cannot convert

On 2/18/2021 at 5:01 AM, rcmaehl said:

20210217_201946.jpg

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO FIND THIS ON GOOGLE IN 3 YEARS WITH THE SAME ISSUE: 

-you need a recovery disk or usb

-go into the cmd prompt and first type 

1.DISKPART

This calls diskpart

2.list DISK

Its going to show all discs connected and wether or not they are GPT. All disks are numbered. See the number of your disk? Remember that. Mine was 0

3.exit  

This gets you out of diskpart

4.mbr2gpt.exe /convert /allowfullOS /disk(yournumber)

This calls the mbr2gpt converter, overrides protection, and selects the disk of your choice for conversion. 

DO NOT TRY THIS WITHIN ANOTHER WINDOWS INSTALLATION (it wont work) 

You can only do this successfully through windows recovery cd