R7 2700 (3.8 O.C)

Asus X570 prime pro 

Asus TUF 3090 O.C

Corsair vengeance pro RGB (32 @ 3600)

750W EVGA G2 (2 years old) 

Adata SU800 (500 GB Boot ssd)

6TB (3x2TB) Barracuda green drives

Issue: 

While playing games, my screens randomly start flickering and then go black. Can still hear audio in the background but no video signal. Half the time, when the video comes back my games have crashed. My nightlight on windows also turns off automatically. All I've read online is driver issues or Windows problems. 

What I've done: 

DDU in safe mode and clean reinstall

Have updated all windows and bios drivers (limited by my old zen architecture)

*Yes I know I am bottlenecked by my CPU, working on an upgrade* 

what psu do you have?

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

1 minute ago, SgtFilthyFrank said:

Specs:

R7 2700 (3.8 O.C)

Asus X570 prime pro 

Asus TUF 3090 O.C

Corsair vengeance pro RGB (32 @ 3600)

Issue: 

While playing games, my screens randomly start flickering and then go black. Can still hear audio in the background but no video signal. Half the time, when the video comes back my games have crashed. My nightlight on windows also turns off automatically. All I've read online is driver issues or Windows problems. 

What I've done: 

DDU in safe mode and clean reinstall

Have updated all windows and bios drivers (limited by my old zen architecture)

*Yes I know I am bottlenecked by my CPU, working on an upgrade* 

I may not be right but if youve reinstalled drivers that leads me to believe its a hardware issue. Try to reseat the graphics card if thats not it Im sorry to say I think your gpu is defective.

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

what psu do you have?

I feel like a psu wouldnt be an issue because wouldnt it just shut off?

1 minute ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

PSUs can do weird stuff with graphics cards sometimes.

OP, what PSU do you have?
Exact model number, not just "80+ bronze 500W" or something.

elephants

Just now, R3dbullDrinker said:

possibly,but maybe not, we'll see when he says his psu wattage

(not enough power doesnt always guarantee a crash, in some cases it can cause abnormal behavior)

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

I'm assuming you're not applying any of your own OC to the GPU? Does this happen in every game, or just specific games? Have you tried different monitor cords to rule that out?

1 minute ago, Convictions said:

I'm assuming you're not applying any of your own OC to the GPU? Does this happen in every game, or just specific games? Have you tried different monitor cords to rule that out?

I have a dual monitor setup. I have not had it happen during regular use but have had weird blue screening problems during Zoom calls (not sure if it is related).

The first (main monitor using factory DP cable 

image.png.cec05c7c0aed859a123db6402c3e4d2f.png

The second using a DVI to HDMI cable (BestBuy) 

image.png.e4396ba7d1310f89af39b7553cbfe9ba.png

3 minutes ago, SgtFilthyFrank said:

I have a dual monitor setup.

And both monitors flicker and black screen in games? Again, is it all games or only some of them?

Just now, Convictions said:

And both monitors flicker and black screen in games? Again, is it all games or only some of them?

Both monitors flicker and then go black, then come back online. Currently it has happened in Diablo 3, LoL, COD Warzone & Multiplayer, Battlefield 2. Don't play every game in the book but those are the ones that have happened to it. 

2 minutes ago, SgtFilthyFrank said:

Both monitors flicker and then go black, then come back online. Currently it has happened in Diablo 3, LoL, COD Warzone & Multiplayer, Battlefield 2. Don't play every game in the book but those are the ones that have happened to it. 

try to limit the gpu power to 80% with msi afterburner, your powersupply is on the edge of supporting a 3090 so it might be the problem

Yeah... that's enough variety that driver/hardware incompatibility with a single game seems unlikely. Both monitors would tend to rule out the display cable or the display itself as the issue.

That basically just leaves PSU/GPU as suspects I think, as others before were posting. If you have access to another sufficiently powerful PSU to run your 3090, I'd try swapping that out to see if that fixes it. If you can't do that or it doesn't fix the problem, then I think it might be time to RMA the 3090...

8 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

try to limit the gpu power to 80% with msi afterburner, your powersupply is on the edge of supporting a 3090 so it might be the problem

Ill give that a try and will probably get an 850W when I end up upgrading to a 5800X or 5900X. However, wouldn't this decrease my performance? I already have shocking abysmal FPS in Warzone (70 fps @ 1080P) HAHA!  

24 minutes ago, SgtFilthyFrank said:

Ill give that a try and will probably get an 850W when I end up upgrading to a 5800X or 5900X. However, wouldn't this decrease my performance? I already have shocking abysmal FPS in Warzone (70 fps @ 1080P) HAHA!  

even an 850w might not be enough depending on the unit(just sayin)