Which type of Android do you Prefer?

Greetings All!

As mentioned earlier in today's livestream, we were talking about your favorite type of Android phone or even phone in general, I guess.

So do you prefer a faster, stronger type of phone or do you prefer having the latest version of Android? Or if you don't use an Android phone what do you prefer about your phone over another company phone?

Personally for me, I enjoy a stock Android experience because I am always guaranteed the latest version of Android versus having to wait months to years for at least 4.1.x or 4.2.2. So for me something like the Nexus 4 is perfect with its 1.6GHz Qualcomm S4 (Quad-Core) and it's 2GB of RAM.

Now that is my opinion what is your take on this subject? Let us know! 

My BattleBox Specs: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760, Corsair C70, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Intel 330 Series 180GB & Samsung 840 Series 120GB, 3TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Visit kurtgrosser.com for quality content! Cheers from Canada, eh?

I care pretty much exclusively about specs and hardware features.  Software is negligible IMO; if it's bootloader unlocked (or unlockable), the dev community will have custom ROMs and kernels galore in no time.  If it's bootloader locked, well, I'm not buying it, simple as that.  :P

I can install a ROM or a launcher or other apps that have the software features I want.  I can't install a ROM that magically adds a MicroSD card slot or LTE radio or OLED screen.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I care pretty much exclusively about specs and hardware features.  Software is negligible IMO; if it's bootloader unlocked (or unlockable), the dev community will have custom ROMs and kernels galore in no time.  If it's bootloader locked, well, I'm not buying it, simple as that.  :P

I can install a ROM or a launcher or other apps that have the software features I want.  I can't install a ROM that magically adds a MicroSD card slot or LTE radio or OLED screen.

See I wouldn't mind flashing a ROM. But I want to wait and see what CyanogenMod has going for the S4 first.

My BattleBox Specs: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760, Corsair C70, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Intel 330 Series 180GB & Samsung 840 Series 120GB, 3TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Visit kurtgrosser.com for quality content! Cheers from Canada, eh?

i went from 2.3 to 4.0 but i liked the Droid X that i had with 2.3.5. than the GS3 with now with like 4.2.1. but over all it has gotten cleaner and faster over time

i went from 2.3 to 4.0 but i liked the Droid X that i had with 2.3.5. than the GS3 with now with like 4.2.1. but over all it has gotten cleaner and faster over time

A lot of that is thanks to Google's "Project Butter" as part of 4.2.x

It makes it look WORLD'S better than Gingerbread

galaxy s4 and jelly bean and realy theres more to it than the sumed it up as the nexxus phone also doesnt alllow sd cards and seeing how my S3s 64gb card and 16gb storage is mostly full 16gb on the nexxus without no sd is not enough that wouldnt even hold my music

The android I like is the Samsung kind of android. I like Touch Wiz UI and the S planner widget and all the other apps any Samsung android device comes with. I have given all the android variants a chance and even the stock android did not impress me. Sense UI was an horrible experience. I am not saying this because I am Korean and I want to support Korean companies but I did generously give every android variant an equal chance to impress me. From a Note 2 i moved to the S4 and I am finding it very nice. It feels and looks premium. Everything runs well and the S planner is just plain awesome. No other android variant has a stock calender app that shows the calender by month as a widget. My Samsung device is essential for the organisation of my life. For those of you who haven't seen the S planner widget I attach a photo of it on this post.

SAM_1996-4.jpg

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

I very much prefer the stock Android experience.
I have a Sony Xperia S myself, but i flashed a custom rom on it recently (Slimbean, Android 4.2.2). I just didn't want to wait any longer to get Jelly Bean.

Also, this custom rom offers a lot more built-in customisation options. I don't even think i'm going back to official 4.1.2 when it finally gets released for my device  :D. 

I have been using Android since the very beginning (started with version 1.6). Back then, HTC Sense was essential for me, since stock Android was just so ugly and not user friendly at all.

Back then, skins like Sense did in fact offer a much better experience and important additional functionality.

These days, stock Android is beautiful, fast and great to use imo.

In conclusion, my next device might very well be a Nexus device.

I've had hands-on experience with devices such as the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7, which are both high quality devices imo.

I consider a bit of both. While I do value the HTC one's build quality, I definitely do not like HTC's support (unless it changes massively this year) Samsung is much better in this aspect and the S series is much more popular on XDA and the ROM developer community in general, therefore for having a good balance of both hardware and software features I prefer the Galaxy S III.

As for the Nexus 4, I love the software experience and I would argue performance is just as good if not better than the HTC one and GS4 regardless of what benchmarks say and it's a beautiful device, even if extremely fragile and it's price is extremely low for what you get, but battery life is crap and it cannot be replaced and 1080p is last year's tech :p.

What I would like is a high end Nexus device similar to the HTC Nexus One in its time, but I doubt we'll see one soon due to Google pricing these Nexus devices so low.