Any emulation guys here running RPCS3

Tishere

I'm new to emulation, Wondering what the best games are to play with RPCS3 . My small bit of time with it, I've notice that its picky on the game you play. 

I'd recommend taking a look through the RPCS3 compatibility list: https://rpcs3.net/compatibility

In theory any game designated as "playable" should be just that - playable. The results you get will depend on how powerful your computer is though. Both PS3 and Xbox 360 emulation are in the very early stages, so you need a pretty strong computer for it to work well. And even the games that are designated as playable aren't always guaranteed to work perfectly without any hiccups.

I wish I could give more specific game recommendations, but I'm not that into PS3 games, so I don't know what the good ones are. Much less which of the good games will work well in RPCS3.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

I have a little experience with RPCS3. I played a Gran Turismo 5 Prologue demo in it when I ran my 1700X. It's heavy as fuck on the CPU side of things... ironically enough, my GPU had no trouble with coping with running at 1440p. 

It is picky, too. Not unlike Xenia, both are very much work in progresses compared to PCSX2 and Dolphin.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

11 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

I'd recommend taking a look through the RPCS3 compatibility list: https://rpcs3.net/compatibility

In theory any game designated as "playable" should be just that - playable. The results you get will depend on how powerful your computer is though. Both PS3 and Xbox 360 emulation are in the very early stages, so you need a pretty strong computer for it to work well. And even the games that are designated as playable aren't always guaranteed to work perfectly without any hiccups.

I wish I could give more specific game recommendations, but I'm not that into PS3 games, so I don't know what the good ones are. Much less which of the good games will work well in RPCS3.

Thanks,

I I'm having some issues as the versions of games I have are different then what's compatible for example:

My copy of dead space 2 : BLUS30717 

Compatibility list:BLES01040, BLES01041 ,BLUS30624

As far as I can tell my copy plays fine but I don't think I get the game updates that the copy's in the compatibility list has. I dont really even know what that means. Hella confused as I'm a noob with all this just got a pc recently. 

On 2/14/2021 at 11:11 PM, Tishere said:

I'm new to emulation, Wondering what the best games are to play with RPCS3 . My small bit of time with it, I've notice that its picky on the game you play. 

Compatibility list helps but it all depends on the CPU you are running since these emulators are so CPU intensive.  I'm sure you are running a high end CPU with a good motherboard, so you should have no issues.  Lower end CPUs have different issues with different types of games.  Audio seems to be something everyone struggles with along with constant frame rates.  I use RPCS3 mostly for older sports titles and I'm having one hell of a time getting audio to work.  I can get gameplay to work at decent frame rates with a i5-7600K, which I am very happy with, but I need audio to get fully emersed into college sports games like NCAA 14 Revamped, College Hoops 2K8 and NCAA Basketball 2010.  Not to mention some older but better Madden titles as well as NFL 2K5.  I'm thinking about upgrading my PC motherboard to support an i9 chipset just to get emulators to work better.  

3 hours ago, Gamesoldier said:

Compatibility list helps but it all depends on the CPU you are running since these emulators are so CPU intensive.  I'm sure you are running a high end CPU with a good motherboard, so you should have no issues.  Lower end CPUs have different issues with different types of games.  Audio seems to be something everyone struggles with along with constant frame rates.  I use RPCS3 mostly for older sports titles and I'm having one hell of a time getting audio to work.  I can get gameplay to work at decent frame rates with a i5-7600K, which I am very happy with, but I need audio to get fully emersed into college sports games like NCAA 14 Revamped, College Hoops 2K8 and NCAA Basketball 2010.  Not to mention some older but better Madden titles as well as NFL 2K5.  I'm thinking about upgrading my PC motherboard to support an i9 chipset just to get emulators to work better.  

I'm having similar issues with the titles I've played so far. For the most part frame rate is good but when the system has to ramp up the audio seems to chug. Been playing a lot of dead space and Batman: Arkham Asylum , being older titles will see what happens when I start playing newer stuff. 

Yeah, not a lot of games run very well with it though that can be due to other things too. My personal favorite game, After Burner Climax, runs perfectly with minimal performance issues. For the short time I played it on an actual PS3, it feels almost the same. I haven't cared enough to mess around with other titles, but that game runs really well even on less powerful hardware. I played it on my 2200G once.  

you really need to look up settings for specific games that don't work well or at all... 

some games have patches aka mods to make them run too... 

you dl them through the emulator. 

vast majority of games I played work with almost no issues, especially performance wise it's fine, cpu usually sits at 20% gpu at 800mhz or something... Demons Souls, Tekken 6, etc usually play at 1440p or 4k...

But yes some games have weird performance issues... overall it's pretty crazy how far they got, been following the project from start. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

you really need to look up settings for specific games that don't work well or at all... 

some games have patches aka mods to make them run too... 

you dl them through the emulator. 

vast majority of games I played work with almost no issues, especially performance wise it's fine, cpu usually sits at 20% gpu at 800mhz or something... Demons Souls, Tekken 6, etc usually play at 1440p or 4k...

But yes some games have weird performance issues... overall it's pretty crazy how far they got, been following the project from start. 

Im impressed with all the updates. since i started using RPCS there's been about one or 2 updates a day.