How to add second GPU for additional monitors.

Kelp
Go to solution Solved by Kelp,

I just found the solution. The driver that I had installed was outdated. I installed the latest driver for the GPU and it works properly now. Thanks to everyone who helped me!!

I want to know if I am able to add a second graphics card in my PC for more video outputs. Today I bought 2 dell monitors that only have VGA inputs. I have a GTX 1660 Super in my PC, but I used up the DP and HDMI ports, leaving just the DVI-D. I can't get a DVI-D to dual VGA adapter so I looked around and found a GPU from an old server. It has a DMS-59 connector on it, and I have a DMS to dual VGA adapter which is just what I need. I thought I could just install the GPU in the second PCIe slot, however, I get no display output. When I remove my 1660, and leave the older GPU in the bottom slot, I get video out of the dell monitors through the older GPU, so I know it works. Is there any reason I cant get video out of both of them?

I have an AsRock B450m steel legend motherboard and a Ryzen 5 1400 if that helps at all.

It should work as you expect it to.  The only thing I can think f is if it is turned off in the BIOS.  Which is often the case as there are only so many resources to distribute between the PCI slots.  Often to get x16 on one slot you need to turn another into ... well, x0... for lack of a better term. Check the PCI-Express bandwidth in the BIOS.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

17 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

It should work as you expect it to.  The only thing I can think f is if it is turned off in the BIOS.  Which is often the case as there are only so many resources to distribute between the PCI slots.  Often to get x16 on one slot you need to turn another into ... well, x0... for lack of a better term. Check the PCI-Express bandwidth in the BIOS.

I just went through my bios and couldn't find anything again. I have the AsRock bios, I'm not sure if maybe someone else if familiar with this bios and could help.

With them both installed, do you get any additional options is the display settings to enable the monitors? Not in the nvidia control panel. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

9 hours ago, Kelp said:

I just went through my bios and couldn't find anything again. I have the AsRock bios, I'm not sure if maybe someone else if familiar with this bios and could help.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450m steel legend/#Manual

Page 26.  It also leads me to believe you need to look for an option to disable crossfire.  

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

7 hours ago, shoutingsteve said:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450m steel legend/#Manual

Page 26.  It also leads me to believe you need to look for an option to disable crossfire.  

Thanks for looking in the manual for me, I haven't been able to find a menu where I can disable crossfire. I've been looking in the bios for about 25 mins and I can't find anything about crossfire. I have an AMD and Nvidia gpu in my system right now, could that be the issue?

I just found the solution. The driver that I had installed was outdated. I installed the latest driver for the GPU and it works properly now. Thanks to everyone who helped me!!