And up and up those prices go.....

Ar558a

If people didn't want to upgrade to the latest graphics card and boycott buying from scalpers, you'll see how fast those people will change their mind if people cared about money and a warranty. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

"Nvidia hopes to stabilize GPU shortages by releasing stocks of RTX 2060, GTX 1050 Ti"

https://www.xda-developers.com/nvidia-new-stocks-rtx-2060-gtx-1050-ti/

Speaking of which, why the hell were they keeping stocks of older graphics cards anyway?? Were they planning for this by purposely stating "We weren't expecting the huge demand for Ampere" etc.?? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

7 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Speaking of which, why the hell were they keeping stocks of older graphics cards anyway?? Were they planning for this by purposely stating "We weren't expecting the huge demand for Ampere" etc.?? 

I think it's it'd do with the GDDR6 shortages

https://www.pcgamer.com/gddr6-memory-shortage-now-said-to-be-behind-nvidia-and-amd-stock-woes/

This certainly didn't help either lmao

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-rtx-3090-stock-stolen-msi/

"MSI is even going as far as offering clemency to anyone who took part in the scheme, so long as they help track and recover the cargo"

($15k bounty for $330k worth of product, hmmm)

According the Nvidia the 10 series was never End of Life, just had such little demand they were barely making them

4 minutes ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

While true, doesn't explain for the reason for holding onto older stock, just seems like "Let's purposely produce lower quantities of Ampere cards so we can make money on inventory that didn't sell," (again this is my hypothesis and may or may not be based on fact).

4 minutes ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

This certainly didn't help either lmao

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-rtx-3090-stock-stolen-msi/

This will only reduce the supply of RTX 3090s in the market, but doesn't demonstrate why Nvidia did not ramp up production months before launching Ampere. At the end of the day, MSI is just a AIB and they don't produce the physical GPU dies themselves. 

GPU and ammo prices keep climbing.

Only one of them will be worth something in an economic crash and shtf.

10 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

doesn't explain for the reason for holding onto older stock,

I don't think they had them in stock, I think they're literally producing new 10 and 20 series cards from TSMC or assmung

1 minute ago, Doug_Dangger said:

Only one of them will be worth something in an economic crash and shtf.

top kek

1 minute ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

I don't think they had them in stock, I think they're literally producing new 10 and 20 series cards from TSMC or assmung

top kek

Isn't Samsung and TSMC at max production right now with chips?? 

Just now, SpiderMan said:

Isn't Samsung and TSMC at max production right now with chips?? 

Yes lol, TSMC in particular because of AMD

Just now, Sp4gh3tti said:

Yes lol, TSMC in particular because of AMD

Well, they are in a tough spot due to allocation of the manufacturing allotment for the different manufacturing node processes. AMD is at the mercy of TSMC and also whatever they agreed on in their contracts. Apple has a huge chunk of 5nm production I believe. I think Nvidia might be trying to get chips produced at Samsung's factories due to TSMC at max capacity. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

I think Nvidia might be trying to get chips produced at Samsung's factories due to TSMC at max capacity. 

They've already been talking since September for the 30 series but idk how shits changed since then

24 minutes ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

15k bounty for $330k worth of product, hmmm

15k? You could sell one of those 3090s on eBay for that much.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

15k? You could sell one of those 3090s on eBay for that much.

Yeah literally, that bounty ain't gonna do shiz

Granted they did say "for any information"

6 minutes ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

Yeah literally, that bounty ain't gonna do shiz

Granted they did say "for any information"

I'll tell them I have onfo.

Me: The people who stole them have them somewhere.

Msi: Ok, where?

Me: Idunno. But they're somewhere. Can I have the 15k?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Me: The people who stole them have them somewhere.

Msi: Ok, where?

Me: Idunno. But they're somewhere. Can I have the 15k?

And people wonder why these shortages last so long 🤣