build pc with playable fps in CSGO, Valorant.

niikkaa

Budget (including currency): $200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CSGO, Valorant

Other details

I want to upgrade my current PC for light gaming, so I can play games like CSGO, Valorant on playable (~150) fps. At first, I was going to only change Graphics Card, but I was told to do it, if I could avoid bottlenecks. so I'm not sure which hardware to choose for it to be compatible with each other.

My PC components:

GPU: GeForce GT 630

CPU: intel Core i3-2130

RAM: DDR3 4GB

Motherboard: MSI H61M-P20 (G3) (MS-7788)

8 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

get a used i5, 1050 ti and 16gb ram and sell your old stuff easily feasible in that budget

I disagree here a i5 won't fix the issue as those are barely better than the i3's and do not avoid the problem both have with newer games.

26 minutes ago, niikkaa said:

Budget (including currency): $200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CSGO, Valorant

Other details

I want to upgrade my current PC for light gaming, so I can play games like CSGO, Valorant on playable (~150) fps. At first, I was going to only change Graphics Card, but I was told to do it, if I could avoid bottlenecks. so I'm not sure which hardware to choose for it to be compatible with each other.

My PC components:

GPU: GeForce GT 630

CPU: intel Core i3-2130

RAM: DDR3 4GB

Motherboard: MSI H61M-P20 (G3) (MS-7788)

Well simply put your whole system is basically in need of replacing as it really isn't worth upgrading as upgrades will get you pretty darn close to just buying a whole other used system that is better.

You'd need a better cpu the best and well only choices I could recommend are a i7 2600/2700 or the i7 3770

More ram as 4gb is just not enough

A better gpu

All that is gonna cost you a fair bit and really upgrading this system with those parts would be a waste. So I would save up till at least 350 as that would allow you to usually get a older i7 + at least gtx 970 class gpu system

Just now, WikiForce said:

they are better actually, quadcore vs dual core, my i5 3470 was significantly faster than my i5 2300 (~23%) despite both being 4c/4t but he wants to do any serious gaming then he might even get a i7 2600 or 3770 in that budget, that's feasible too

What? It's been benchmarked many times before and the difference between those 2 is like a couple percent not 23%.

The i3 is a dual core with ht so it's not far behind a i5 at all like about 15% between it and a i5 2500. But both cpu's struggle to play modern games and both of these games do prefer to have cpu's with more than 4  threads.

8 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

userbenchmark said that, i know many people despise it here but it's ok sometime and what about the i7? even 1st gen i7 keeps ass in 1080p ultra 60fps gaming

People don't like userbenchmark, because the only way it can be described as a "benchmark" is by its name. In which workload exactly is this 23%. Even userbenchamrk is showing that the effective difference between these processers is null. 

image.thumb.png.fb5686319f8e664f6e5f494a3d5653c8.png

Regarding the OP's question, just save a bit more money and upgrade the entire system. It's pointless investing more money in this one. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

27 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Well simply put your whole system is basically in need of replacing as it really isn't worth upgrading as upgrades will get you pretty darn close to just buying a whole other used system that is better

I agree with @jaslion.

@niikkaa you have to understand that $200 regardless of country is unfortunately an EXTREMELY limited budget, especially when you're essentially in need of replacing the whole PC.. I sympathize with your budget, I really do, but I'd REALLY recommend saving up a bit and waiting, if possible 😞 ..

One thing you could try doing is getting 8GB or possibly 16GB of used, cheap DDR3 RAM, which should cost you around... $80 and also try getting something like an RX 580 4GB or 8GB version used for around $120 - sadly, due to shortages even used RX 580's aren't doing to well on the used market and have been seen selling for upwards of $180.

Now this is just an example.

As mentioned by yourself, your system will most likely get BADLY bottlenecked by your CPU - how bad would this be? I have no idea to be honest, but most likely very bad..

5 minutes ago, gal-m said:

I agree with @jaslion.

@niikkaa you have to understand that $200 regardless of country is unfortunately an EXTREMELY limited budget, especially when you're essentially in need of replacing the whole PC.. I sympathize with your budget, I really do, but I'd REALLY recommend saving up a bit and waiting, if possible 😞 ..

One thing you could try doing is getting 8GB or possibly 16GB of used, cheap DDR3 RAM, which should cost you around... $80 and also try getting something like an RX 580 4GB or 8GB version used for around $120 - sadly, due to shortages even used RX 580's aren't doing to well on the used market and have been seen selling for upwards of $180.

As mentioned by yourself, your system will most likely get BADLY bottlenecked by your CPU - how bad would this be? I have no idea to be honest, but most likely very bad..

Also keep in mind we do not know what exact psu op has so a rx580 might be too much for it to handle.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Also keep in mind we do not know what exact psu op has so a rx580 might be too much for it to handle

Darn @jaslion, I completely forgot about that.

You're 100% correct. Considering the spec.. I doubt it'd be enough..

4 minutes ago, gal-m said:

I agree with @jaslion.

As mentioned by yourself, your system will most likely get BADLY bottlenecked by your CPU - how bad would this be? I have no idea to be honest..

Initially, I was going to, pc is very old. I could hardly imagine how it could be upgraded of somewhat playable. But I thought it was worth giving a shot. now I understand that absolutely not 😅, anyway thanks for suggesstions ❤️

10 minutes ago, niikkaa said:

But I thought it was worth giving a shot. now I understand that absolutely not

As a general computer, yeah, absolutely.

For games, in my opinion, nope..

Sorry @niikkaa, wish you all the best 🙂!