sAMOLED without HDR or IPS LCD with HDR 10?

InfernalKing

Which one should I go for a sAMOLED screen/display without HDR or IPS LCD screen/display with HDR 10?

As someone who enjoys watching anime, I like screen contrast and vibrant colours for which AMOLED is the best option at least for now. Then there may not be any reason for posting this question right? Well, but I have some doubts. Will having HDR10 mean that the IPS will perform close to the sAMOLED? And are sAMOLED and AMOLED same? Should I keep HDR10 as the main focus over the actual display/screen technology. 

9 hours ago, InfernalKing said:

Which one should I go for a sAMOLED screen/display without HDR or IPS LCD screen/display with HDR 10?

As someone who enjoys watching anime, I like screen contrast and vibrant colours for which AMOLED is the best option at least for now. Then there may not be any reason for posting this question right? Well, but I have some doubts. Will having HDR10 mean that the IPS will perform close to the sAMOLED? And are sAMOLED and AMOLED same? Should I keep HDR10 as the main focus over the actual display/screen technology. 

Well take it with a grain of salt since last time I watch an anime Elfen Lied was kinda new stuff 😛  So unless something changed in the way animes are produced (yea I know the art and resolution etc has become much better but I am not talking about that) then you wont get much on an effect as far as hdr goes. 

HDR means each color has many steps from its darkest tone to its brightest while different tones of color are possible to be displayed next to each other  which has as a result shadows to be detailed explosions more realistic lighter scenes being detailed as well as in the same frame while having a dark part and a light part you again dont lose detail and blacks are blacker and light parts keep their color and detail and arent just a white glare (e.g camera inside a dark room and the door opens and its a sunny day outside) 

So anime is a cartoon it doesnt have that sort of information as far as I remember but again new stuff maybe uses it. 

Keep in mind that because you see "HDR10" on a monitor doesnt mean it is truly capable of noticeable and nice looking HDR always look at the brightness of the monitor as well if its something under 800 nits then it is probably not gonna be much to write home about.. like 600 nits are borderline acceptable but still not good. 

-> Moved to Displays

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks for explaining. The panel I'm looking at has 1000 nits of peak brightness.