Monitor stand / riser

Donut417

IMG_0255.thumb.png.d873b670e312286fde0b631194d59f89.png

Im using a book to rase my monitor to make it fit over the monitor shelf where my main monitor sits. A book really isnt a permeant solution. Im looking for solutions. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Get a monitor arm. They aren't that expensive on places like amazon or newegg. Plus you can get added desk space if you get one that attaches to the desk itself

This is what i did with my monitor stand, get a used plank (from shipping wood crates).

Usually each plank is 7-10cm wide so it stands perfectly nice.

Sorry video in phillipinos, i just copy it randomly.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Get a monitor arm. They aren't that expensive on places like amazon or newegg. Plus you can get added desk space if you get one that attaches to the desk itself

I thought about that. But my desk isn't really built for an arm. I have the Fredde desk from Ikea. Really dont know where I could clamp one. And Im not willing to modify the desk. 

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

his is what i did with my monitor stand, get a used plank (from shipping wood crates).

Im not handy with tools. I can rebuild a PC, but I cant really use a drill or any other power tool. Well I can drive a Fork Lift, but thats about it. Also because our garage burned down last year, all the tools are tucked away in a non easy to get places. 

All you need is a nail, hammer and a saw. Nail and Hammer is like $5 if you don't have it.

No power tools needed. Go old school hammer + nail.

Or if you have IKEA nearby look for this:

Image result for ikea monitor stand

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

7 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

All you need is a nail, hammer and a saw. Nail and Hammer is like $5 if you don't have it.

No power tools needed. Go old school hammer + nail.

Again with the garage being gone, all tools are buried. On top of the fact I dont have a place to work. Doing it outside in 13 degree weather not going to happen. 

7 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Or if you have IKEA nearby look for this:

How wide is that? I couldn't find it on the Ikea website. Due to where the monitor is located on the edge of the desk Im wondering if thats too wide? 

19 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

IMG_0256.thumb.png.6a3e1e5ab580e5863415e63e05cedbde.png

Thats the back side of my monitor. Do you think a monitor arm would work? 

image.thumb.png.c87b275b4427fb8eb0c8f276c23e665d.png

This is a photo from Ikea of my desk. I got about 18 inches from the monitor shelf to the to the front of the desk. The desk is about .75" thick. I was looking at one of the mounts from ZGO, as instead of bolting from the bottom, its bolts on the top. But Im not sure with the metal support right there, Im not sure if I could bolt an arm in place. Plus I need to add that my door is to the left of the desk as well. I got decent amount of clearance, but Im not sure how far a arm will stick out.