What is the cheapest SATA3 SSD with DRAM?

Joseph692

Hi, I am searching for a SSD for my low end laptop I use for school. I need the cheapest one from a trustworthy company and was wondering if you guys have any suggestions. On the other hand is DRAM so important anyways?

I look forward to hearing your suggestions, thanks!

Wd blue or mx500 would be good. Dram is important especially on lower end laptops as it does lower the performance impact on the laptop for having to handle the caching itself.

54 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Wd blue or mx500 would be good. Dram is important especially on lower end laptops as it does lower the performance impact on the laptop for having to handle the caching itself.

I used a BX500 (DRAM-less) for my dad's low-end notebook. So far no problems at all. As long as the usecase is not really demanding, any SSD is better than HDDs.

But the MX500 would probably be the cheapest SATA SSD with DRAM cache. Of course it depends on where you're from.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

I used a BX500 (DRAM-less) for my dad's low-end notebook. So far no problems at all. As long as the usecase is not really demanding, any SSD is better than HDDs.

But the MX500 would probably be the cheapest SATA SSD with DRAM cache. Of course it depends on where you're from.

Not saying a dramless won't be better just that there is a noticeable performance impact as now the system has to hold onto data longer and handle tasks a ssd would normally do. This can be pretty darn hurtful on very old or very very low end systems.

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Not saying a dramless won't be better just that there is a noticeable performance impact as now the system has to hold onto data longer and handle tasks a ssd would normally do. This can be pretty darn hurtful on very old or very very low end systems.

So, is buying a BX500 for my dad's core2duo machine a bad idea? Cause that's what I just did. I mean he really doesn't do anything outside the chrome browser other than scanning photos and office stuff. But it will still be a ton better than an HDD ain't it? 

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

Okay, thank you se much dude! Appreciate it

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Yeah, dont know if dram is worth it for what im doing. Its just the hdd is painfully slow

10 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Yeah, dont know if dram is worth it for what im doing. Its just the hdd is painfully slow

At most it's a 10$ difference and worth it

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

At most it's a 10$ difference and worth it

So the mx it is, thanks once again!