ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (wifi/ non-wifi) Thread

Just thought I would start a TUF X570 thread where anything and everything about the mobo can be discussed, including but not confined to bios updates.

image.thumb.png.55dcd8f90b83391748fc7d20e6de4ff1.png

great board for me so far, but one thing to be aware of, it doesn't have a header for front panel type c. also, make sure to update the bios as it has various issues with rtx 3000's and ram oc's with the original bios.

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

great board for me so far, but one thing to be aware of, it doesn't have a header for front panel type c. also, make sure to update the bios as it has various issues with rtx 3000's and ram oc's with the original bios.

Did you update to the latest bios 3405?

How is the BIOS fan control for that motherboard?

I have a TUF B450M Gaming Plus, but when I set fans to DC it only allows the lowest speed to 60%. It does have a zero RPM if the temperature is low enough, but not quite feature I would prefer to utilize some older fans I have. I find it better to be better to have no restriction on minimal speed for DC and PWM fans to make another profile for quiet mode.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

1 hour ago, alyen said:

How is the BIOS fan control for that motherboard?

I have a TUF B450M Gaming Plus, but when I set fans to DC it only allows the lowest speed to 60%. It does have a zero RPM if the temperature is low enough, but not quite feature I would prefer to utilize some older fans I have. I find it better to be better to have no restriction on minimal speed for DC and PWM fans to make another profile for quiet mode.

Have you tried something like Fan Control?

image.thumb.png.aac3d6ada001020e0719717911024144.png

This below picture is the Asus Ai Suite screenshot

image.thumb.png.7ac31372d9ae68ef548abb53cbe4cd70.png

I'm looking to buy that board with a ryzen 5 3600 planning to upgrade to a 5800x sometimes in the future when I can find it.  As for the ram I was planning to get some 2x16gb 3600 cl16 ... would it be better to get 3200 cl14 instead if the sub timings are tighter on the 3200 kit ? ... does subtimings affect performance at all in AAA gaming ?  Is it realistic to think that those kits will be able to run at advertised speed and latency or it will most likely be stuck at lower speed and/or higher latency ?

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

9 hours ago, Super User said:

Have you tried something like Fan Control?

I am already using Fan Control, but really want to avoid using it because it doesn't seem to work for my motherboard alone without having the Commander Pro installed. It seems Fan Control doesn't know how to read motherboard info with iCUE initializing something. I haven't checked if it still needs iCUE since December 2020.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

44 minutes ago, alyen said:

I am already using Fan Control, but really want to avoid using it because it doesn't seem to work for my motherboard alone without having the Commander Pro installed. It seems Fan Control doesn't know how to read motherboard info with iCUE initializing something. I haven't checked if it still needs iCUE since December 2020.

I see... Well i can say that the Asus Ai Suite provided with the mobo is pretty good for fan control too.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently updated the Aura Sync SDK through Armoury Crate and my RAM ARGB is missing from the list of devices and i cant connect. I am using XPG Spectrix D60G RAM 8 X 2

Anyone else encounter the same problem with their RGB RAM?

UPDATE: A few reboots and the issue has been resolved.

• 1 month later...