My pc is heavily underperforming and I can't figure out why!

ICalledShotgun

Why am I getting low fps in Warzone/Fortnite on LOW settings? My pc specs are as follows Geforce RTX 3070 (overclocked with msi afterburner), Ryzen 9 3900 (over clocked to 4.25Ghz), MSI B450 Gaming plus max motherboard, 1×16GB DDR4 3600mhz Ram. This results in me getting 90-100fps on the lowest settings in warzone. I have adjusted all my settings in-game as well. Any help would be much appreciated. (Note: All my components temps are fine). Yes Vsync is switched off. And I've noticed people with similar specs as me are getting around 160-170fps - what am I doing wrong. I've followed a million fps boost guides - changing my Nvidia control panel settings but nothing has helped, I am honestly get so frustrated at the moment as I have tried EVERYTHING including reversing my overclock. NOTHING has worked. (Note: My monitor is 1080p @ 240hz). My power supply is 1000W Gold. No Noticeable CPU, GPU or Ram spiking is evident. All my drivers are completely up-to-date.

Someone commented on another forum and I quote: "I get higher FPS in Warzone with a 3600/5700 XT on Ultra..." which further threw salt into my wounds. Someone help!

2 minutes ago, ICalledShotgun said:

1×16GB DDR4 3600mhz Ram

is that a typo? single channel ram is a no go on AMD CPUs

3 minutes ago, ICalledShotgun said:

I am honestly get so frustrated at the moment

warzone is such a sh#t show it performs so badly and is very inconsistent. 

If you upgraded from other GPU have you tried DDU drivers and reinstalling them?  

I would say it is probably the single channel memory, like LpoolTech said, thats a bad idea for anything AMD, effectively halfing the performance in most games when using an APU and has significant drops in performance on mainline CPUs. Also check if the Ram is running at 3600mhz, I know thats a stupid idea for someone running overclocked hardware, but its possible that the RAM might not be running at the speed it should be.

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

warzone has pooped on hardware on recent updates, but its prob because your running 1STICK of ram=1 channel=shit performance for like ANY FUCKING AMD RYZEN

54 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

is that a typo? single channel ram is a no go on AMD CPUs

warzone is such a sh#t show it performs so badly and is very inconsistent. 

If you upgraded from other GPU have you tried DDU drivers and reinstalling them?  

I knew single channel wasn't recommended, didn't think it was that bad xD. Nope - this a new pc build so no upgrade involved.

52 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

I would say it is probably the single channel memory, like LpoolTech said, thats a bad idea for anything AMD, effectively halfing the performance in most games when using an APU and has significant drops in performance on mainline CPUs. Also check if the Ram is running at 3600mhz, I know thats a stupid idea for someone running overclocked hardware, but its possible that the RAM might not be running at the speed it should be.

I will consider buying a new ram stick, yes it is running at 3600mhz. So do you think getting another ram stick, it will effectively double my fps in that same regard?

39 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

warzone has pooped on hardware on recent updates, but its prob because your running 1STICK of ram=1 channel=shit performance for like ANY FUCKING AMD RYZEN

The more you know xD

Just now, ICalledShotgun said:

The more you know xD

bannana

2 minutes ago, ICalledShotgun said:

I will consider buying a new ram stick, yes it is running at 3600mhz. So do you think getting another ram stick, it will effectively double my fps in that same regard?

It wont double it or at least I don't think so but that's clearly your biggest problem right now

53 minutes ago, ICalledShotgun said:

Best not to buy single sticks, as they don't tend to play nice with one another (you might get lucky). I'd bite the bullet and settle on a pair of sticks.

~ Gaming since 1980 ~

PassMark | UserBench

9 minutes ago, camieabz said:

Best not to buy single sticks, as they don't tend to play nice with one another (you might get lucky). I'd bite the bullet and settle on a pair of sticks.

After thinking about it, gonna trade my 1x16 for new 2x8GB 3600mhz as well from a friend

1 hour ago, LpoolTech said:

It wont double it or at least I don't think so but that's clearly your biggest problem right now

Best believe you gonna be helping with my next problem too ❤️

I will be getting the new Ram tomorrow from my friend and I will update everyone then, thanks for everyone's support thus far.

14 minutes ago, ICalledShotgun said:

I will be getting the new Ram tomorrow from my friend and I will update everyone then, thanks for everyone's support thus far.

bannana

Hi friends so I installed my new ram it made a bit of a difference but not that much. It is 3200Mhz 2x8GB and it is running dual channel. Now I am getting about on average 115 fps in Warzone with all low settings. Any new suggestions?

On 2/8/2021 at 12:55 AM, LpoolTech said:

Help me again :))

Have you made sure that your gpu overclock is stable?

Have you tried playing Warzone without the OC applied?

I hope this helps 🙂 

17 hours ago, BigNavi31 said:

Have you made sure that your gpu overclock is stable?

Have you tried playing Warzone without the OC applied?

I hope this helps 🙂 

Yes and Yes. GPU overclock is stable went through multiple 5 minute tests in Kombustor. And it definitely makes a difference! 

What happens if you try playing with higher graphics settings?

I know that sometimes fps can actually be lower on the lowest settings (because the cpu starts bottlenecking the gpu as the gpu has less to do - or something like that).

I hope this helps 🙂 

On 2/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, ICalledShotgun said:

Why am I getting low fps in Warzone/Fortnite on LOW settings? My pc specs are as follows Geforce RTX 3070 (overclocked with msi afterburner), Ryzen 9 3900 (over clocked to 4.25Ghz), MSI B450 Gaming plus max motherboard, 1×16GB DDR4 3600mhz Ram. This results in me getting 90-100fps on the lowest settings in warzone. I have adjusted all my settings in-game as well. Any help would be much appreciated. (Note: All my components temps are fine). Yes Vsync is switched off. And I've noticed people with similar specs as me are getting around 160-170fps - what am I doing wrong. I've followed a million fps boost guides - changing my Nvidia control panel settings but nothing has helped, I am honestly get so frustrated at the moment as I have tried EVERYTHING including reversing my overclock. NOTHING has worked. (Note: My monitor is 1080p @ 240hz). My power supply is 1000W Gold. No Noticeable CPU, GPU or Ram spiking is evident. All my drivers are completely up-to-date.

Someone commented on another forum and I quote: "I get higher FPS in Warzone with a 3600/5700 XT on Ultra..." which further threw salt into my wounds. Someone help!

what happens when you apply no overclocks at all. (Just to figure out if the problems is within your overclocks or somewhere else)

Did you apply a fixed overclock to 4.25 on all cores? Can the CPU boost on single cores to its max boost (specs say 4.6, but afaik the 3900 didn't reacht that all the time, but still should boost higher than 4,25)

On 2/11/2021 at 9:44 AM, BigNavi31 said:

What happens if you try playing with higher graphics settings?

I know that sometimes fps can actually be lower on the lowest settings (because the cpu starts bottlenecking the gpu as the gpu has less to do - or something like that).

I hope this helps 🙂 

I've tried with LPoolTech (we hopped on a discord call together and tested it out) and the results are definitely lower.  

On 2/11/2021 at 1:12 PM, toni2 said:

what happens when you apply no overclocks at all. (Just to figure out if the problems is within your overclocks or somewhere else)

Did you apply a fixed overclock to 4.25 on all cores? Can the CPU boost on single cores to its max boost (specs say 4.6, but afaik the 3900 didn't reacht that all the time, but still should boost higher than 4,25)

I reversed the overclock as it made my performance a tinge bit better, however I have noticed my CPU does not boost over 4.05ghz even though it's supposed to boost to 4.3ghz. LPoolTech and I discovered that together, it was at that point where he suggested that the Ryzen 3000 series isn't the greatest for 1080p gaming and instead should look at investing in the Ryzen 5 5600x. Any thoughts on this? Any suggestions of how I can boost my CPU to its desired performance (4.3ghz)?

• 2 weeks later...