Seasonic Platinum PSU supplying 5v SB even with while switched off

So I was transferring my old Seasonic Platinum PSU to my new build when I decided to test the PSU with a a PSU tester I had on hand just for shits and giggles. The tester reported that the unit was supplying 5V SB power even when the unit was switched off (as in plugged into AC powr but the switch on the PSU was off). This seems a bit odd to be so I thought I'd check to see if this was normal.

PSU model: Seasonic SS-760P2 Active PFC F3

PSU tester: Thermaltake Dr. Power 2

Edited by ThatDeafITGuy

Just now, seon123 said:

That's the exact purpose of 5V standby. 

I gathered that 5v SB is supposed to be active when the PSU is powered on, but is it really supposed to be live even with the unit turned off? Again, the PSU power switch was in the "off" position.

1 minute ago, ThatDeafITGuy said:

I gathered that 5v SB is supposed to be active when the PSU is powered on, but is it really supposed to be live even with the unit turned off? Again, the PSU power switch was in the "off" position.

Ah, missed that bit. But I would expect that to happen, yes, until the main bulk cap is drained

:)

22 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Ah, missed that bit. But I would expect that to happen, yes, until the main bulk cap is drained

Welp, looks like I was chasing a goose. Yeah, I'm seeing the bulk cap discharge in action 🤦🏾‍♂️ Annoyingly, this causes the PSU tester to beep incessantly that there's a failure present *sigh* 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️