Can someone tell me the software used to animate this?

I am going to start an education channel, i don't know jack about animation but i am willing to learn. I prefer simple animation such as this video below

Can somebody tell me how to accomplish that kind of animation?

Thank you in advance 

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

That might not be digital animation.  This effect could actually be analog. Use glow in the dark dry erase markers on a glass sheet. Do stop motion for the moving stuff.  It would be kind of a PITA though.  If it’s analog it’s not particularly simple.  Blender was designed to do animation with and is open source.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

That might not be digital animation.  This effect could actually be analog. Use glow in the dark dry erase markers on a glass sheet. Do stop motion for the moving stuff.  It would be kind of a PITA though.  

PITA?

But some of the objects he hold move with him smoothly, that can't be a stop motion right?

1 minute ago, Ya_Mi said:

PITA?

Pain in the a… as in work intensive

It's probably some kind of motion tracking done in the video editing software.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, Ya_Mi said:

PITA?

But some of the objects he hold move with him smoothly, that can't be a stop motion right?

PITA= Pain In The ...

stop motion can be pretty smooth.  It’s not especially easy to do that way though.  Having it 2d makes it easier. Stop motion is most often done with 3d stuff.  Claymation and armature stuff.  1930’s tech.  Hand drawn stuff might also be animated post process with CGI. The two things I’m looking at is the line variation in the line art and the wiggly line in the beginning that was not especially smooth.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

PITA= Pain In The ...

stop motion can be pretty smooth.  It’s not especially easy to do that way though.  Having it 2d makes it easier. Stop motion is most often done with 3d stuff.  Claymation and armature stuff.  1930’s tech.  Hand drawn stuff might also be animated post process with CGI. The two things I’m looking at is the line variation in the line art and the wiggly line in the beginning that was not especially smooth.  

So, are you saying that the video used both analog and digital animation?

2 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

Could very well be.

Have the guy draw the stuff on a glass sheet, then take pictures of it. Combine them digitally to create an animation. Add some additional effects (like more glow or highlights). Then use e.g. motion tracking to match the motion of the "rods" to that of his hands.

Some of the drawing is possibly "live" as in he's drawing on a glass sheet while being filmed and some kind of green screen/blue screen is used to remove the background and e.g. some clever lighting is used to make the glass panel "invisible" to the camera.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, Ya_Mi said:

Maybe.  I’m just saying it’s possible.  A lot of media in general leaves very clear fingerprints  of how it was done.  It is possible to walk through a downtown city center and name the materials used to make the models of the buildings before the were put up.  Different systems lend themselves to different things. It applies to software as well.   I don’t know this is analog, but it could be.  Occasionally analog is faster.  It will be something very low budget.

5 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Could very well be.

Have the guy draw the stuff on a glass sheet, then take pictures of it. Combine them digitally to create an animation. Add some additional effects (like more glow or highlights). Then use e.g. motion tracking to match the motion of the "rods" to that of his hands.

Some of the drawing is possibly "live" as in he's drawing on a glass sheet while being filmed and some kind of green screen/blue screen is used to remove the background and e.g. some clever lighting is used to make the glass panel "invisible" to the camera.

The lighting techniques used to do that are called “black work”. It’s actually turn of the last century stuff.  The black background may not be a choice but a requirement for the technique.  That’s part of the PITA bit.  The glass has to be VERY clean.

Edited by Bombastinator