Enough for a nas and other servers?

I was planning on ordering somthing like this 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000100340969.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.26944046xkptpv&algo_pvid=e50a0f5d-9672-4b3f-83c0-a55d53c28ddc&algo_expid=e50a0f5d-9672-4b3f-83c0-a55d53c28ddc-8&btsid=0b0a556516125711585245428ea6f5&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

And i was wondering if this was enough for a nas that prob wont see too much constant use.
Im also planning on getting 1 or 2 more sets for other servers. One mabey for a transcoding server/render server. And one for a game server.

Should i look at more modern hardware for the gaming server?
Is this enough for a transcoding server (like twitch or somthing). (Render times dont really matter much since the idea is to take those lodes off my main tower.)

What do you mean by gaming server? Are you hosting game servers on it?

It can transcode, just depends on how fast you want it.

Id persoanlly get used server hardware as its more reliable with more features, and I don't really trust those no name boards but up to you

Yes to host game servers. Prob just minecraft at first. I would prob only host one type at a time for now.

enough for 1080p preferably.

Im trying to go with workable and cheap atm. I do plan to swap all this out at some point later down the line. 

But for a nas its fine ya?

What are the minimum for a nas? Just a couple cores and some ram and your good?

2 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Yes to host game servers. Prob just minecraft at first. I would prob only host one type at a time for now.

enough for 1080p preferably.

Im trying to go with workable and cheap atm. I do plan to swap all this out at some point later down the line. 

But for a nas its fine ya?

What are the minimum for a nas? Just a couple cores and some ram and your good?

A 10 year old single core is plenty for a basic nas over gigabit.

Id look at used servers, as there often a much better value, get something like a dell r720 or simmlar machine.

But that cpu is plenty for a nas + mc server.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id look at used servers, as there often a much better value, get something like a dell r720 or simmlar machine.

reason i ask for the mc server is i play modded and do stupid shit.... prob should have mentioned that.

Just now, EmoChipmonk said:

reason i ask for the mc server is i play modded and do stupid shit.... prob should have mentioned that.

Those are like 600 CAD

8 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

How many users? You can still do modded with a few people on that, but minecraft like single threaded performance, and those old xeons aren't the best there. A i3 10100 might be better and use less power.

How many users? You can still do modded with a few people on that, but minecraft like single threaded performance, and those old xeons aren't the best there. A i3 10100 might be better and use less power.

ya thats what i was thinking too. or a ryzen 3200g.

9 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

id go 10100 here, faster cpu + cheaper + has smt.

shit i thought thr 3200g had multithreading. Thats a dissapointment. ya it looks like your quite right. Mabey ill just use that for all my servers. Not a huge fan of intel but the results dont lie in this case.

1 minute ago, EmoChipmonk said:

shit i thought thr 3200g had multithreading. Thats a dissapointment. ya it looks like your quite right. Mabey ill just use that for all my servers. Not a huge fan of intel but the results dont lie in this case.

How many servers do you have?

Id probably get a single larger system and run vms on it instead of multiple smaller ones.

How many servers do you have?

Id probably get a single larger system and run vms on it instead of multiple smaller ones.

None atm. Im planning on just having those 3 i mentioned. In my rack/ overbuild pc stand (seriously my behemith of a case is going on top) Will only have 3 slots left over when all is said and done. 
cb093ed686a12bbc1d4220e81f12f635.png.293c5b4c0c497f13eb950e9194963b2f.png

19 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

yes 10100, or even ryzen 3 1300 or some shit

1 minute ago, EmoChipmonk said:

None atm. Im planning on just having those 3 i mentioned. In my rack/ overbuild pc stand (seriously my behemith of a case is going on top) Will only have 3 slots left over when all is said and done. 
cb093ed686a12bbc1d4220e81f12f635.png.293c5b4c0c497f13eb950e9194963b2f.png

Id really just buy one bigger system. Faster, and easier to manage resouces between, and less power. I see no reason to get 3 servers here, esp when then have i3s. Id just get one big guy, like that dell r720. I have a simmilar system to the r720 and its running about 30-40 vms without issues.

7 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

about 2 months ago, the prices of their boards dropped to $40 for the most basic board and needed connections for just a ethernet and mouse and a bunch of sub ports you understand, now they dramaticly uped the price, which piss me

34 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what in living hell is a e5-3600

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Did I say e5 3600?

Do yo mean xeon e5 2600 series?

google e5 3600 and the search engin has a fit

9 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Did I say e5 3600?

Do yo mean xeon e5 2600 series?

for me in the specs manual it say 2600, sorry im dum, 

18 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id really just buy one bigger system. Faster, and easier to manage resouces between, and less power. I see no reason to get 3 servers here, esp when then have i3s. Id just get one big guy, like that dell r720. I have a simmilar system to the r720 and its running about 30-40 vms without issues.

I think the transcode/ Render server should be its own thing but combining the other 2 would prob work fine

where does it say e5 3600? it says e5 2600 for the series of cpus but not e5 3600.

ikikikikikikik, im dum, im showing a cheap r720

Just now, EmoChipmonk said:

I think the transcode/ Render server should be its own thing but combining the other 2 would prob work fine

What programs are you using to transcode?

Id combine it into one. Since your not transcoding all the time, you can easily consolidate resources. Transcoding in vms works well, no reason not to.