Can't decide on what cpu i should use?

Mad_H3ro

Let me preface this by saying that i'll solely be using the cpu for gaming and maybe some light music production.

I've heard good things about AMD processors and some mixed feelings towards Intel CPU's what should i go for with my wants in mind?

should have mixed feelings for both, both have their issues.

but the 5000 seriess ryzen should do good for a bit of everything, good for gaming and stuff.

Intel can also sometimes be a cheap alternative, depending on price, if you are going lower gen to wait for future gen? etc.

8 minutes ago, Mad_H3ro said:

Let me preface this by saying that i'll solely be using the cpu for gaming and maybe some light music production.

I've heard good things about AMD processors and some mixed feelings towards Intel CPU's what should i go for with my wants in mind?

For pure gaming purposes Intel has a bit more of an advantage, when compared with amd, up to 3rd gen ryzen. If however, you can get your hands on a 5th gen ryzen, it's actually better for gaming, as it has a higher IPC, but costs a bit more.

Having said that, it depends on what graphics card you'd be pairing with, what kind of upgradability you're asking for, if you plan to overclock, and your budget for the build. Without knowing all that, it's kinda hard to say. But an AMD processor is a safe bet any day.

Something like an r5 3600, paired with a b450 motherboard and a 3060ti, or even a 2060 super, or 1660 ti, depending on price/availability  would be a solid mid range gaming build.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

what's your budget for a cpu?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

what's your budget for a cpu?

My budget is in the 1k+ range with some leeway for monitor, Keyboard, And others

Just now, Mad_H3ro said:

My budget is in the 1k+ range with some leeway for monitor, Keyboard, And others

so i suggest a ryzen 3300x

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

if you want a high end you want to choose i9-10900k or ryzen 9 3900x. if you just want for general gaming choose either a ryzen 5 or a i5 CPU.