Headset Mic not working

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how you got it fixed. Im having the exact same problem!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how you got it fixed. Im having the exact same problem!!!

did you use the splitter?  or are you having another problem?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

• 4 weeks later...

I use the splitter, I put all of the settings at the full level, but the mic is still just not working, it is super quiet and i just need it fixed, if there is a driver i can install that would be great.

I FOUND THE ANSWER! as long as you on a desktop that has back mic and aduio ports then if you plug the splitter in there then it works.

it sounds like the front audio port was set to line in and it should have been microphone in.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

• 1 month later...

I FOUND THE ANSWER! as long as you on a desktop that has back mic and aduio ports then if you plug the splitter in there then it works.

nope didn't work for me 

Gigabyte Aorus pro z390 :Intel Core I5 9600K RAM:Kingston HyperX 16 GB: Asus gtx 1070 Ti AE : WD Black SN 750 ,500 GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Kingston Fury HyperX 120 GB, Hitach 500 GB : Corsair RM750x :Colorful Raynor G1 AOC C24G1  Razer Kraken TE Bassilisk Ultimate ,Ornada Chroma

nope didn't work for me 

holy nuts this thread has been around since the Vbulletin days!

anyways you'll need to be more specific

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

i didn't want to make another tread since already was made.So to the problem the mic on my Razer Kraken Pro not work(it's 100% functional i try it in the shop).It's detected by the driver's but...i looked around the Internet for solution,everywhere i look the said that:this is common problem with onboard audio on motherboard that use via or realtek driver's (mine uses via ones)The quality of the mic is so gread that onboard sound make it very low level so it can handle it .The solution is to buy a usb sound card.I tried every thing from this topic and from other's the problem is in the drivers.my question is wil this usb sound card work for me.Some people said they fix it but only this didn't write how. 

Gigabyte Aorus pro z390 :Intel Core I5 9600K RAM:Kingston HyperX 16 GB: Asus gtx 1070 Ti AE : WD Black SN 750 ,500 GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Kingston Fury HyperX 120 GB, Hitach 500 GB : Corsair RM750x :Colorful Raynor G1 AOC C24G1  Razer Kraken TE Bassilisk Ultimate ,Ornada Chroma

He needed a splitter to split the mic and headphone connections on his headset.  They run through the same 3.5mm cable with 4 contacts instead of 3.  It's called a TRSS connector.

Nuuuu it's a TRRS. Can't have more than one sleeve.

Nuuuu it's a TRRS. Can't have more than one sleeve.

that's the jack that go into the splitter.But it doesn't matter the problem is in the sound card or the driver's.I get an old one from a friend,will try it now and say if it work

so i test it on win 7 64 bit sp1 and on win xp 32 bit sp3 didn't work on both.I think the problem is in the card i spot a mising element's on it.Will orther a usb sound card soon ,till this happen please give some sugestions what to do... 

• 3 weeks later...

soo today i get a new usb sound card plug the headset in the coresponding jack's then in the the pc and then it fried the usb sound card  :D  but for 4 buck's what to expect

• 9 months later...

I was experiencing this issue today. My mic was really quiet, the person I was talking to couldn't hear a thing. I've checked the settings, put everything to the maximun (also in skype) and nothing happened, it was still quiet. Next thing, I googled that problem with hope, that I'll find something.I've found this site, so I tried some of the tips that were mentioned above. Since none of them fixed my problem, I tried something on my own. I own an Asus G750 notebook and I had Windows 8 preinstalled on it. When I plugged in my speakers or my headphones (Razer Kraken) the Realtek audio "whatsoever" always popped out and I had to choose some settings and stuff. It's important to mention that my mic was working good so I didn't have any idea what happened to it. I though that the cable got damaged or something, but since the headphones were working on my sister's notebook that couldn't be the issue. I was desperate so I tried to uninstall that Realtek "whatsoever" thing and guess what! Now it's working! Everything's fine. I'm sure there are different solutions for this problem. I hope this will help someone :)