Windows randomly mutes audio

Cayder
Go to solution Solved by Carbonado,
1 minute ago, Cayder said:

image.thumb.png.9547431e9dc39f040197fbd55395f4cd.png
Do I click Uninstall or Delete the drivers software for this device? I will for sure try to plug it in to the motherboard.

Select the option that says delete the driver and THEN click uninstall, then restart your computer,, go back into device manager, and see if the realtek audio device shows up again, if it does, now try your headphones and check if it's any better

I been dealing with this issue it feels like after I downloaded the NVidia driver two patches ago but that could be unrelated. Windows would randomly play audio on random audio devices that were "available" for a few seconds then back to my default audio device I chose. After a bit I got tired of that so I disabled every audio source other than the one I wanted, but now a new issue came. Now windows will flat out cut audio from my audio source for a few seconds then it will come back. When I play games this mute of audio sometimes results in a complete frame freeze for a second or two. I looked on almost every tech support place on the net windows "help" section just tells me to do the same thing as the last guy so that was no help. If anyone can give me any ideas on how to fix this that would be great. I just want to enjoy my pc again cant play with my friends due to the audio cutting out on sometimes really key times. Thank you for your time have a great day.   

I been dealing with this issue it feels like after I downloaded the NVidia driver two patches ago but that could be unrelated. Windows would randomly play audio on random audio devices that were "available" for a few seconds then back to my default audio device I chose. After a bit I got tired of that so I disabled every audio source other than the one I wanted, but now a new issue came. Now windows will flat out cut audio from my audio source for a few seconds then it will come back. When I play games this mute of audio sometimes results in a complete frame freeze for a second or two. I looked on almost every tech support place on the net windows "help" section just tells me to do the same thing as the last guy so that was no help. If anyone can give me any ideas on how to fix this that would be great. I just want to enjoy my pc again cant play with my friends due to the audio cutting out on sometimes really key times. Thank you for your time have a great day.   

Why don't you try deleting the audio drivers on windows and re-installing them again? That might help in some cases

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

2 minutes ago, Cayder said:

Also what device are you using for audio primarily?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

Just now, CouRageRC said:

Why don't you try deleting the audio drivers on windows and re-installing them again? That might help in some cases

I went to gigabytes website and found the audio driver and manually chose the newest one.

1 minute ago, CouRageRC said:

Also what device are you using for audio primarily?

The one that end up working was "Speakers Realtek(R) Audio" disabled everything else.

Just now, Cayder said:

The one that end up working was "Speakers Realtek(R) Audio" disabled everything else.

Noted I only use headphones connected to the jack on my computer case. 

Just now, Cayder said:

I went to gigabytes website and found the audio driver and manually chose the newest one.

What about the built in Windows Realtek Audio drivers? Windows has it's quirky own drivers.

Go to Device Manager And under " Sound, Video and Game controllers " try deleting the Realtek driver, and just restart your computer, the driver should re-install on it's own

image.png.2b1c5d3f6ffdd1cd89629ba722d2cddf.png

Noted I only use headphones connected to the jack on my computer case. 

Have you tried connecting it directly to your motherboard io?

6 minutes ago, CouRageRC said:

What about the built in Windows Realtek Audio drivers? Windows has it's quirky own drivers.

Go to Device Manager And under " Sound, Video and Game controllers " try deleting the Realtek driver, and just restart your computer, the driver should re-install on it's own

image.png.2b1c5d3f6ffdd1cd89629ba722d2cddf.png

Do I click Uninstall or Delete the drivers software for this device? I will for sure try to plug it in to the motherboard.

Select the option that says delete the driver and THEN click uninstall, then restart your computer,, go back into device manager, and see if the realtek audio device shows up again, if it does, now try your headphones and check if it's any better

6 minutes ago, Carbonado said:

I did it and plugged in my headphones to the motherboard, I will see if the audio cuts out again. When I uninstalled it , windows didnt prompt me to restart but I did it anyway normally it happens in like 10 minutes so I will see and get back to you. When I first logged in the audio symbol on the bottom right was muted for a second but it went back to normal so we will see. Thank you for your help so far I hope it lasts!

Just now, Cayder said:

I did it and plugged in my headphones to the motherboard, I will see if the audio cuts out again. When I uninstalled it , windows didnt prompt me to restart but I did it anyway normally it happens in like 10 minutes so I will see and get back to you. When I first logged in the audio symbol on the bottom right was muted for a second but it went back to normal so we will see. Thank you for your help so far I hope it lasts!

You're welcome! Fingers crossed this works out so let's see. Hope you can get back to gaming, cheers!

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2021 at 9:59 PM, Carbonado said:

You're welcome! Fingers crossed this works out so let's see. Hope you can get back to gaming, cheers!

Hey I have been busy with life stuff so I haven't had a chance to get back to you thanking you for your help! It worked everything seems great so far haven't enabled the disabled audio inputs just have the one that "works" on but I will try to add more when its needed. Thank you again have a great day.